Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiger Seal/ Tec7

• 23-08-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Need to seal a few water leaks coming in through my car , and few areas around the house , but which product would be better as iv never used either ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Tec7 is mighty stuff, or if you can get some, dirko is good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

yeah picked up this in woodies awile ago , but just wanted peoples opinions on what would be better :)

tec7-sealant-black.jpg

As i said, mighty stuff altogether, the dirko stuff is for cars specifically, but seeing as you have that sure fire away with it

Thanks mate , just apply with the gun into the spots that are leaking water is it ?

Yep, dry up the area, clean it, make sure it's all dry and stick a bead of it on, or whatever you think is best yourself

• Advertisement

thanks a mill !! will try this 2moro :) does it set rock hard or stay soft when cured do u know ?

That i don't know, I'd say it'd turn to a rubbery like substance maybe, I've never seen it set, its always been in between things :o

no problem lol thanks ! :P its basically the same as tigerseal is it ? ( im a diy NOOb)

So am i :pac: I've only heard of it from working on cars :pac: no idea what tiger seal is :P

haha where on the same boat so !! ah lads use tiger seal to temp fix engine mounts and stick on spoilers,side skirts afaik :) goona have some fun with this tec7 stuff sticking all sorts together on people ha ha ha

• Advertisement

Great craic altogether so it is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Yep, dry up the area, clean it, make sure it's all dry and stick a bead of it on, or whatever you think is best yourself

Tec7 will stick to wet surfaces also.

So tec7 over tiger seal lads ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

pudzey101 wrote: »
    So tec7 over tiger seal lads ?

Don't know tiger seal.
    But a buddy here on boards saved his sinking boat with tech7 and a bit of a board.

Titanic could of done with a few tubes of tec7 so ha ha glad I bought it over the tiger seal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Iv used glazing sealant on my car it's good stuff. It's used for sealing windows in shop fronts and the like. :)

obezyana wrote: »
    Iv used glazing sealant on my car it's good stuff. It's used for sealing windows in shop fronts and the like. :)

I got some tec7 just wanted people's opinions on it over tiger seal :) both are similar from what I heard :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭creedp

I got some tec7 just wanted people's opinions on it over tiger seal :) both are similar from what I heard :)

Must reseal a shower tray to glass enclosure. Existing seal is the skinniest bead of clear sealant I've ever seen. I have white Tec7 which wouldnt look very well so I was wondering if there is a clear Tec7 available or what is an equivalent clear silicone.

yes clear tec7 is available but its called trans7 , google it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

yes clear tec7 is available but its called trans7 , google it :)

I've used this and its not 100% clear, has a slight blue hue to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭new2me

will it bond glass to steel without use of primer

Advertisement