Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Do people here really rate Gago highly? I know he had a massive reputation when he first signed for Madrid but I just get the impression that he's gone a bit stale. He never really impressed me much on any occasion that I got to watch him either. Maybe he did a lot at Roma last year that I just don't know about.

For the money being touted it may be worth a look, but tbh, I'd much rather put that 7m or so towards a more naturally combative and athletic type of player such as Moussa Sissoko.

Or, if it is a Gago style player that we need maybe go for Banega. Yeah, this season he wasn't as good as the year before, but I'd still rate him that bit higher than Gago.

And if we were feeling really optimistic, lets remove Sahin from his Madrid nightmare. Sure he'll get to live near his mate Kagawa and everthing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Martin Lipton is suggesting a possible exit for Reina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

amiable wrote: »

Everytime I hear that Lipton comes up with an inside story I'm always reminded of this:

Take anything he says with a pillar of salt.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Everytime I hear that Lipton comes up with an inside story I'm always reminded of this:

I don't think he was suggesting that he knows something rather he wouldn't be surprised with some of the quotes from Reina lately.
    I've posted that clip myself before. Very funny seeing him get so wound up.

I personally think Reina is a possibly gone this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Knex. wrote: »

Or, if it is a Gago style player that we need maybe go for Banega. Yeah, this season he wasn't as good as the year before, but I'd still rate him that bit higher than Gago.

But Gago has never knocked himself down with his own car and broken his own tibia and fibula ;)
    Banega has and on that form could easily keep Merson company in then thicko group at Sky! :P
    Whatever about Banega's merits as a player, he is likely to be another 3 months before able to play competively and that after an injury like that the combative side of his game will surely be affected even just by the subconcious fear of weakness/reinjury.

I'd like to see us in for Moussa though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I wouldn't be surprised.:(

I have a feeling its going to be one of those transfer windows.

He is a special keeper but has looked distracted over the past season and doesn't look like a happy camper. reminds me of Torres during his last days at the club.
    I hope he gets some playing time at the Euros and does well, probably even win it, and come back happier.

Vorm anyone ?

I don't think he was suggesting that he knows something rather he wouldn't be surprised with some of the quotes from Reina lately.
    I've posted that clip myself before. Very funny seeing him get so wound up.

I personally think Reina is a possibly gone this summer

I think Lipton might be reading too much in to Reina quotes from last week (before Rodgers was appointed).

I think he'll wait to see what sort of personnel is being brought in before he goes anywhere. And as has been mentioned, where can he go?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Ah don't leave Jose :(

Although if he does, Diego Alves? Muslera? Did Adler go anywhere yet?

I think Lipton might be reading too much in to Reina quotes from last week (before Rodgers was appointed).

I think he'll wait to see what sort of personnel is being brought in before he goes anywhere. And as has been mentioned, where can he go?

I'm not sure where he could go.
    Atletico Madrid perhaps? PSG? Valdes hasn't been great for Barca IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pepe's not leaving.

Lipton has just picked a high-profile player who may be ambitious to win the big things now, and has put 2 and 2 together to get 9.

don't even entertain it.

it's the same as journalists linking Suarez to PSG recently. just garbage, and column inches needing filled.

• Advertisement

FFS Robert Green is available. I know he's on a bosman but surely we could get West Ham to accept 10 million?

SlickRic wrote: »
    Pepe's not leaving.

Lipton has just picked a high-profile player who may be ambitious to win the big things now, and has put 2 and 2 together to get 9.

don't even entertain it.

it's the same as journalists linking Suarez to PSG recently. just garbage, and column inches needing filled.

How do you know he's not leaving?
    I personally think there is a distinct possibilty that he will leave this summer.
    The PSG link started with the owner answering to a list of players who may be possible transfer targets for their club.
    Suarez himself only recently said he won't be leaving so I'd be more secure about him but not so sure about Reina.

Unfortunately he did, signed for Hamburg about two weeks ago. Absolute steel to get a keeper of his quality on a free.

How do you know he's not leaving?
    I personally think there is a distinct possibilty that he will leave this summer.
    The PSG link started with the owner answering to a list of players who may be possible transfer targets for their club.
    Suarez himself only recently said he won't be leaving so I'd be more secure about him but not so sure about Reina.

so because he hasn't re-iterated yet again that he wanted to stay, even though he said it last summer as well...we assume he may want to go.

we don't need player statements every summer.

us football fans are so insecure about our players sometimes, and the media feed off it with these stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I'm not sure where he could go.
    Atletico Madrid perhaps? PSG? Valdes hasn't been great for Barca IMHO.

Reina hasn't been his best in the last 2 seasons, but it's a very difficult position to recruit. He's still one of the best around. And Rodgers style of defending should work for him.

And Valdes is a Barca man through and through, would take a lot for them to replace him...

so because he hasn't re-iterated yet again that he wanted to stay, even though he said it last summer as well...we assume he may want to go.

we don't need player statements every summer.

us football fans are so insecure about our players sometimes, and the media feed off it with these stories.

I didn't say that. You categorically stated Reina is not leaving. I asked how do you know this which you failed to answer.

His recent quotes show dis-satisfaction

Nobody actually posted that Reina is leaving or that Lipton said he was leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Reina is a bit unsettled because he knows Doni is best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Limerick
    Limerick
    Limerick
    Limerick

:D

Kess73 wrote: »
    Limerick
    Limerick
    Limerick
    Limerick

:D

That's the worst Limerick ever Kess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Reina's problems for the last 2 seasons could simply be the defense have been too deep.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Reina hasn't been his best in the last 2 seasons, but it's a very difficult position to recruit. He's still one of the best around. And Rodgers style of defending should work for him.

And Valdes is a Barca man through and through, would take a lot for them to replace him...

I don't see how your first point addresses anything that has been mentioned.

As for Valdes his form was poor enough last season and I merely suggested that Barca may look elsewhere.

In saying that Reina was already at Barca and may not want to return there again.

G.K. wrote: »
    Reina's problems for the last 2 seasons could simply be the defense have been too deep.

That's too easy an excuse for some of his blunders

That's the worst Limerick ever Kess.

I was starting a chant for the Limerick offensive.

I knew ;)

That's too easy an excuse for some of his blunders

But not so easy an excuse that it may not contain some truth.

• Advertisement

I knew ;)

Tackies and Mongrels at the ready. :D

But not so easy an excuse that it may not contain some truth.

Like the goal he conceded at Craven Cottage?
    Like the early goal at the Etihad?
    There were others where the defence couldn't be blamed as he'd be expected to save them.
    I'm not saying the defence hasn't been poor at times but Reina's form hasn't been up to the high standard he set himself.
    I'd like nothing more than he sort himself out as he does seem to love the club and is one of the top 10 keepers in the World when on form.
    It's just too easy IMHO to say the defence was to blame for Reina's poor form. He's a quality keeper and has let himself down at times

Well Reina won't be off to Atletico as they have extended their loan deal with Courtois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Well since the way Rodgers likes his keeper as a sweeper keeper perhaps we could see a return to form.

Is there any other type of Limerick? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Is there any other type of Limerick? :D

Meh, if Reina goes Doni will do just fine.

Reina could do with a change of scenery and the manager he wanted wasn't hired.

I didn't say that. You categorically stated Reina is not leaving. I asked how do you know this which you failed to answer.

His recent quotes show dis-satisfaction

Nobody actually posted that Reina is leaving or that Lipton said he was leaving

dissatisfaction? i missed that. bar the ones where he wanted Rafa back i'd no idea he was unsettled.

my point was why do we assume he might want to leave until a time at which he says it, yet again? why can't we assume he wants to stay?

dissatisfaction? i missed that. bar the ones where he wanted Rafa back i'd no idea he was unsettled.

my point was why do we assume he might want to leave until a time at which he says it, yet again? why can't we assume he wants to stay?

So we should just tow the party line?
    You still didn't answer the question.
    For the record, I would get no satisfaction in seeing him leave.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

A lad on Irishkop some some super wallpapers,Sig's etc,he also does requests.Here is a sample of his work check him out on this thread...

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13622&page=6

1qie6e.png

2qk78m9.png

rl9s1w.png

So what next for Rafa?

Duncan Jenkins doing a live webchat for anyone interested

http://www.delhikop.com/live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,777 ✭✭✭✭kippy

So what next for Rafa?

He must have about 15-20 million (at least) sitting in the bank right now. I know what I would be doing if I were him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I love a lady with sass and she's got some that old time sass.

kippy wrote: »
    He must have about 15-20 million (at least) sitting in the bank right now. I know what I would be doing if I were him.

Think he is bored of watching Jeremy Kyle.

I love a lady with sass and she's got some that old time sass.

She's definitely got moxy i'll give her that.

Always nice to see the journo's squirm too.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Meh, if Reina goes Doni will do just fine.

Reina could do with a change of scenery and the manager he wanted wasn't hired.

Plus I believe Kuyt was one of his best mates.

I'd still be surprised if he left tbh, certainly this early on in the transfer window. But if we don't show we mean business and a few CL teams come looking (although how many need a goalie I'm not so sure) then his head might be turned.

Duncan Jenkins says Gaston Ramirez is a target.
    Just waiting for Slickric to confirm this :p

Like the goal he conceded at Craven Cottage?
    There were others where the defence couldn't be blamed as he'd be expected to save them.
    I'm not saying the defence hasn't been poor at times but Reina's form hasn't been up to the high standard he set himself.
    I'd like nothing more than he sort himself out as he does seem to love the club and is one of the top 10 keepers in the World when on form.
    It's just too easy IMHO to say the defence was to blame for Reina's poor form. He's a quality keeper and has let himself down at times

But that's not what I said. I said that there was some truth in what GK said. Reina was below par last season, and for some of the season before, by his standards, but our tactics during that period did not always play to his strength either.

I would put the bulk of his loss of form on his shoulders, but not all of it.

Duncan Jenkins says Gaston Ramirez is a target.
    Just waiting for Slickric to confirm this :p

Has four years left on his contract it would see. Ramirez that is. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Him and Kuyt can share the blame on that one.

But that's not what I said. I said that there was some truth in what GK said. Reina was below par last season, and for some of the season before, by his standards, but our tactics during that period did not always play to his strength either.

I would put the bulk of his loss of form on his shoulders, but not all of it.

I agree with that 100%

Him and Kuyt can share the blame on that one.

It was a shot straight at him. Granted Aguero shouldn't have had so much space but you'd expect Reina to save it easily IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Are players allowed to have bad seasons unless they're a keeper? Or if a player has a bad season he should be sold full stop?

I'm not entirely sure what the situation is now but a few weeks ago it seemed our goalkeeping coach was going to be sacked. We also played too deep a line. Innumerable times in seasons past Reina would play the sweeper-keeper. It's quite likely under Rodgers he'd go back to that.

Looking around europe, there are few clubs who need him and even fewer of those could afford his fee and his wages.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

Gbear wrote: »
    Are players allowed to have bad seasons unless they're a keeper? Or if a player has a bad season he should be sold full stop?

I'm not entirely sure what the situation is now but a few weeks ago it seemed our goalkeeping coach was going to be sacked. We also played too deep a line. Innumerable times in seasons past Reina would play the sweeper-keeper. It's quite likely under Rodgers he'd go back to that.

Looking around europe, there are few clubs who need him and even fewer of those could afford his fee and his wages.

Don't lose any sleep over it.
    You seem to have jumped in to the debate and assumed people are saying they want rid of Reina.
    The original point is that Reina may want to leave but some people are taking it up that we should sell Reina.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

2qk78m9.png

UGH! A new manager being compared to Kenny Dalglish, while Dalglish looks over the shoulder of the new guy. All the wrong signals!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement