Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sacked From Work (Fairly) Can I Claim Any Benefits

Options
  • 13-06-2011 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

i worked in a supermarket and got sacked recently for theft of about 20 euro's worth of snacks etc....

i know i did wrong and made a mistake,fully own up to that,im 20 years old and worked there nearly 5 years,i've since applied for about 40 jobs since,and intend to ,i dont intend to claim the dole once i can find a job....

as i said,i know i did wrong,im sorry for what i did,im 20 years old,i made a mistake,i'll learn from it...

am i entitled to any form of benefit whilst i look for a new job? even though i was sacked for gross misconduct?

i know this thread is gonna anger some people...but be gentle,im not a bad guy deep down!i stole from a super market!i'd never steal from a person as i wouldnt want to hurt anyones feelings...

any info would be helpful!

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Hey,

i worked in a supermarket and got sacked recently for theft of about 20 euro's worth of snacks etc....

i know i did wrong and made a mistake,fully own up to that,im 20 years old and worked there nearly 5 years,i've since applied for about 40 jobs since,and intend to ,i dont intend to claim the dole once i can find a job....

as i said,i know i did wrong,im sorry for what i did,im 20 years old,i made a mistake,i'll learn from it...

am i entitled to any form of benefit whilst i look for a new job? even though i was sacked for gross misconduct?

i know this thread is gonna anger some people...but be gentle,im not a bad guy deep down!i stole from a super market!i'd never steal from a person as i wouldnt want to hurt anyones feelings...

cheers!

STEALING!!!!!!

How could you? Haven't you learned anything from that guy that gives those sermons in church? Captain What's-his-name. We live in a society of laws, why do you think I took you to see all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well I didn't hear anybody laughing. Did you? Except at that guy who made sound effects. Vroom. Beep. Honk. Honk. Ha-ha. Where was I? Oh yeah, stay out of my booze

just lie and say they where cutting down on staff and dont be a filthy dirty thief anymore:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Hey,

cheers!

You can apply for jobseekers... I would think that you will get the maximum disqualification period of 9 weeks in view of the fact that your employment was terminated due to gross misconduct.

Advertisement