Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone seen iPod video in shops?

• 15-10-2005 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Post here if you have!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

They're not shipping to stores or consumers until next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah I thought they'd started shipping. 3G and o2 shops told me they'll have them in about 2 weeks. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

at the 'one more thing' event 12 jobs said they would be shipping next week, so with logistics etc. on top, two weeks'ish' until getting to stores sounds about right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

at the 'one more thing' event 12 jobs said they would be shipping next week, so with logistics etc. on top, two weeks'ish' until getting to stores sounds about right?
    I ordered mine that night and it said it'd ship in 5-7 days and to allow 2-3 days for delivery, so I'm expecting Tues or Wed next week. The order status is still "Processing Order".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Linku wrote:
    I ordered mine that night and it said it'd ship in 5-7 days and to allow 2-3 days for delivery, so I'm expecting Tues or Wed next week. The order status is still "Processing Order".

Let me know how you get on

• Advertisement

bump!

Anyone seen them yet in shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

I have only seen the Photo 60 GB as top model so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Saw it in Dixons, 30gb white one....It looks really thin, more thin than I expected to be honest....

I am going to get the 60gb black Ipod, I'm getting mine from America (folks are over in the US at the moment), so I won't get the terrible volume control that is on the European models, hate it! Plus I am saving around 100 EURO on the 60GB model..

I have an Iriver IHP-120 but with my Imac G5 it does not sync so well, well not at all.....have to use Ifish etc, which still does not work correctly, but I do love the Iriver so I will keep it as a etxernal storage device....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Picked up mine in Dixons in Liffey Value... plenty of them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

Got my 30Gb in PC world yesterday. There was only one 60gb on shelf and no 30's. I had to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shadow_2k5

Spectra Photo's dundrum Have em Nice bit of kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

any problems with the black video pods scratching like the nano's do?
    has the nano issue been sorted? (dont say buy a case)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I have a lovely 30gig black one here, was around €100 less than Irish retail price :)

Is the 60gig any fatter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

weemcd wrote:
    any problems with the black video pods scratching like the nano's do?
    has the nano issue been sorted? (dont say buy a case)

All the new ipods scratch easily. I left the plastic cover on the front of my black 30gb until the invisible shield i ordered arrived. Got it on now and don't need to worry about scratches anymore. Just keyed it there and not even the faintest trace of a mark.

Where did you get the invisible shield from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

http://www.theinvisibleshield.com/

at 25 dollars it's a hefty price for a product that costs them a few dollars at most to make but they're the only ones selling it :/

Still though, for roughly 20 euro it's a wise investment to protect your €330+ ipod. It protects the front and back of the ipod. The demo videos are very impressive and from using it myself i can confirm it does the job. Now all I need to get is one of the new vaja cases which were finally released today:

http://www.vajacases.com/home_en.html

Advertisement