Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple

Options
  • 01-12-2005 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

no im pushing my luck abit ere but in the middle of a savage research paper for my computer business strategy class and just wondering if anyone has anything on apple for me. just help. i have most of it except the strategies apple use and porter's 5 competitive forces.

any help would be brilliant. thanks alot

Karen

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

bazH wrote:
    Do your own feckin' homework

If you have nothing constructive to say, then dont say it at all. :rolleyes:

I have no info on Apple, but I would suggest trying to contact them and set up an interview to get answers to your questions. Normaly find them very good support wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

The Second Coming of Steve Jobs is a really good book if you haven't come across it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

cheers guys thanks except for baz! think ill be ok just looking for that extra bit to get me the good marks! ya av that Steve Jobs book. tell ya he's some man!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

note to mod, dont delete my posts. This is something thats widely practiced on boards, when someone requests boardies to do their homework for them, they get told where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

well as someone else mentioned earlier, the book iCon, the second coming of steve Jobs is worth reading as it also covers his Pixar\NeXt work.

As for apples stratagies, up until know, they have been very much educational-oriented. Provding equipment for schools and colleges over the years. Like many other computer makers, they are embracing the fact that the computer is becoming an appliance and multimedia is once again a buzzword!

They like to create niche markets with good cosmetic design and clever marketing\branding and control them, this has worked to great effect with the iPod which of course is no longer a "niche" product. It has a massive market share (approx 70%), despite being a average or below-average "MP3 player". This is due to clever design and marketing. The iTunes store of course all ties into this and has now overtaken some of the major high-street retailers in the US in sales.

Also noteworthy is since the launch of the Mac Mini, their market share in the US has grown to over 5% which is the highest this decade IIRC.

thats all I could be arsed typing, for the rest:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&hs=TGy&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&q=apple+business+strategies&spell=1

HTH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

any help would be brilliant. thanks alot

Karen

Using one for a few weeks would give you the best insight of all...

Advertisement