Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor wanted

Options
  • 01-12-2005 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

My neighbour has just bought a G4 secondhand, to replace the old 6800 I sold him a few years back.

The old machine has a P/S2 type connection to the monitor rather than USB, and also the monitor itself is acting a bit dicey - the screen going to a dot then expanding *pouf* and so on.

So he'd like to get a monitor, preferably a flat screen one. Anyone got one for sale that will do a G4, or can recommend where to get one without breaking the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

what model of G4 is it excatly?

Some use standard VGA, other use ADC which is a propritary [sp] connector that includes power, USB and DVI signals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Drat, I'm not sure - and without a monitor how do I find out! The connector that comes with it has a USB plug at one end, and at the other one I'm not familiar with - sort of kind of (note hendiadys!) like a FireWire thing in shape. I'll go up and have a look and see if there's anything drawn on that connector, any symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

anthin like this?:

10_Setup_ADCDVI_ADC_Male_Connector1_TN.jpg

^its either this or a normal VGA.

I have 2x 15" LCDs coming up for sale in a couple of weeks hopefully

Souper, the one in your pic looks about an inch wide or so?

The connector that came with my neighbour's computer is USB on one end (the end that goes into the computer, I assume) and a slightly narrower but fatter connection - about, oh, a quarter of an inch wide by three-eighths of an inch, I suppose, deep - connector that looks kind of FireWirey on the other end.

Of course, I'm *assuming* that this is the monitor connector - maybe it's not...

By the way, what would you be asking for one of the 15" monitors?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Yeah, Luckat, I'd be interested in taking one for my PC, what price and connection?

Cheers,
    S.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Luckat, btw the monitor wouldn't be connected by USB.

Advertisement