Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola E770v, Mac OS X, and Bluetooth

Options
  • 29-11-2005 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

(I'm cross-posting this from here incase someone in the Mac forum knows more about this, I hope that's okay...)

Hi there, I know these sort of threads probably get posted all the time but I've tried everything and there seems to be little documentation for this phone online.
    13089_MotImage.jpg
    I recently got a new Motorola E770v on Vodafone, and I want to be able to send files from my computer to it via Bluetooth.
    I'm using Mac OS X 10.4 and I can see the computer on my phone, and successfully send files from my phone to the computer, however not the other way around.

(Edit: Just to add I'm using the latest OS, Bluetooth software and an iMac with built in Bluetooth, though I can use an iBook with a USB bluetooth adapter if that makes a difference to the solution, because the same happens with the iBooks ATM)

With Bluetooth turned on (or in 'Find Me'), it doesn't appear on the lists of devices on the computer, even though I did bond the two successfully with 'Setup a new Device'.
    I can see the phone in the list of recent devices, however it seems impossible to connect the two, and I cannot send a file from the computer to the phone, it just fails.

I've tried uploading pictures I want on my phone to the internet and browsing them on the phone, but I don't seem to be able to view them even when I put the URL in. At this point I'm getting worried that Vodafone are preventing me from using my own pictures on my phone in order to sell me their overpriced crap - (I've heard of one of the US Networks restricting Bluetooth on their phones, and this phone seems to be heavily Vodafone branded)

If someone could help me with getting the E770v and Computer to make a proper connection and be able to send files Computer -> Phone I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks

Advertisement