Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

imac messed up???

• 28-11-2005 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

There is a file on the desktop called Claris xtnd system when i click on it i get "it should be placed in the claris folder in the system folder". there was only a claris translators folder so i created a claris folder. how do i put the Claris xtnd system and claris translators folder into the claris folder. i am getting a lot of errors like could not find a translation extension with appropiate translators. When i click on system folder and control panel its empty. I probably need to reinstall but i have no cd's for it ( the mac was given to me by a friend). i only want the mac to look at avi's mpeg's etc. and type letters. Any help would be great. Its running mac os 8.5. Its the first time i have even seen a mac so be gentle??????

Most things i click on i get could not find a translation extension with appropiate translators.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

A mac running OS8? You would be doing well to find someboby with that on a disc but you never know.

Why don't you check out the About This Mac, find out the specs of this mac and see about getting a copy of OSx if the mac will be able to run it? You will have better stability and more compatibility with programmes (especially iTunes and Quicktime). Lots of older Apple computers run happily with new operating systems installed onto them so it's a possibility and I am sure that someone here will offer you a lend of an OS if you ask nicely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Just checked that and it only has 32mb built in memory and its says system enabler 462,b-1.1. I can get mac os 9 on wednesday do you thimk that will go on it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

jayo2004 wrote:
    I probably need to reinstall but i have no cd's for it ( the mac was given to me by a friend).

yup, you need to reinstall ClarisWorks. What sort of iMac is it? You'll be entering into a world of pain if you try to individually put the files where they supposedly belong.

I think I might have ClarisWorks kicking around somewhere on floppies..

I think its a G3 and I have no floppy drive on it but could you upload it somewhere for me i use www.esnips.com its free and you can store 1gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

jayo2004 wrote:
    I think its a G3 and I have no floppy drive on it but could you upload it somewhere for me i use www.esnips.com its free and you can store 1gb.

no.

• Advertisement

Fair Enough:(

Advertisement