Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP: Best ~€800 acer without fingerprint/touch media control gimmicks?

Options
  • 06-01-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Title says it all really...

I'm looking for something in and around €8-900 (probably Sterling equivalent up North/online) with 3 or 4GB Ram, between 2-2.5GHz, Solid Core2Duo, >160 GB HDD. Big thing is performance here, the Acer's seem to be expensive due to the gimmicky extras. I would include the standard 1mp built-in webcams in this too.

I am aware this might be a tad of a stretch for €800-900, but I'm hoping to get it in Sterling somewhere. Doesn't have to be an Acer though either.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

The 5930g can be gotten for around €900 from harvey normans, its a pretty good laptop for games, but its also got the advantage of being a 15" with a pretty good battery life. The specs are p7350 2.0ghz, 512 geforce 9600 gt, 3 gigs of memory and 250 gig hdd. The processor is the weakest link i think, but it can play most new games on medium, I have never seen normal laptop play games so well. I think acers seem pretty good pricewise too.

Advertisement