Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memory upgrade Dell Inspiron 9400

• 27-12-2008 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all,

The above laptop has 1gb of RAM at the moment. I'm looking to buy more memory and the Dell website offers an upgrade from 1gb to 2gb.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to upgrade to 3gb or 4gb and if so where can I get the cards?

Many thanks,
    Eoin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

According to the memory configurator on memoryc.com the max memory in that laptop is 2GB. I would recommend looking at their prices as opposed to Dell's too for buying any additional RAM. http://www.memoryc.com/dell/15109_inspiron9400memory.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The max is 2GB, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Eo1n

Thanks lads for the reply. If 2gb is not enough I'll get a new laptop.

Happy new year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You could try www.crucial.com or maybe PC World who will install the RAM for you and let you know the maximum allowable first ( repairs Department )

However adding a 1GB module should certainly improve system performance greatly ...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd be fairly certain it has a maximum of 2Gb, and just to note, check and see if your laptop has 2 512mb sticks or 1 Gb stick making it's current total of 1Gb. As you may need to buy 2*1Gb sticks to get it up to a total of 2Gb. And it's very easy to do yourself,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That models motherboard limits it to 2GBs.

I bought the memory upgrade from Dell and installed it but it doesn't seem to recognise the 2GB RAM. When I look at system on the control panel I'm told the memory is still 1022MB. Any advice?

Thanks
    Eoin.

So, did you buy one 2gb stick or, 2 *1gb sticks?

I got the 2*1GB sticks

Okay, so power off the laptop and unplug the battery, remove the RAM and re-seat it in the machine, it could be that one stick isn't sitting properly in it's slot.

• Advertisement

Thanks mate, that done the job

Advertisement