Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung R510

Options
  • 08-09-2008 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hey I was looking on the web for a decent laptop and came accross this http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/937014#productInformationSection it's the Samsung R510 laptop.

I'm very happy with the spec and the price, but not sure about the GFX card, is it any good, will it play CoD4 at all?

Can I get a better laptop for this price?

Cheers,

Tim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

"Graphics Card Type Intel GMA X4500"

This useless for playing games...certainly like COD4 499 sterling is like 625 euro probably closer to 700 allowing for the rip off factor over here ....You would get a FAR FAR better gaming pc even at that money on the Dell Outlet etc etc If you spend a little more ...850 say....you will get a 15" machine that will game as good as any...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Tim131

It's 650 here in PC World and currys, I just thought the RAM and Processor was good, I'm not mad into gaming, but would like to have the option to add certain games like CoD4 even on a low graphics setting, as I already have a PC at home which I use to play the odd game, so I'm not looking for a gaming laptop, it was just for college thats all.

So do you think it's worth the money? or would I get better for the same? if so could you give me an model name?

Thanks for the reply,

Tim

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just to show the deals that can be had on Dell outlet, for 866 delivered including VAT. This XPS 1530:
    XPS M1530 CORE 2 DUO T8300 2.40GHz
    English Genuine Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium
    System Price EUR 716.10
    Operating System: English Genuine Windows Vista SP1 HomePremium
    Memory: Memory Dual Channel 4.0GB (2x2048) 667 MHz DDR2
    Hard Disk Drive: Hard Drive 320GB (5400rpm)
    Video: ASSY, BASE 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT
    NoteBook Screen: 15.4 Widescreen WUXGA (1920x1200) TFT Display
    CD Read-Write Drive: DVD+/-RW (8X)
    CCFL backcover black & 2.0mp camera
    Intel 4965WLAN Mini-Card EUR
    Battery XPS Primary 9-cell 85WHr Li-Ion

Now that is one hell of a machine!

Thank you.

A bit beyond my price-range, but I'll have a look around on dell :)

Hey again,

I was looking on the Dell site, and came accross the studio 15

I can get

2Ghz dual core processor
    4GB RAM
    160GB HDD
    256MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3450 - is it good?
    Vista home premium
    8X DVD drive

for 734eur

And I'm not sure but my da says he might be able to get a 10% discount too so it come to 661eur.

Is it a good machine?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

Go to laptopsdirect.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Got the Samsung listed above for €650 in Currys. Great laptop!

Advertisement