Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont ever buy anything from Laptopsdirect.ie

Options
  • 27-04-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Apologies for the upcoming rant but I feel obliged to warn off any other boards user (or anyone for that matter) from using laptopsdirect.ie

I placed a order on the 12th of April for one machine. The next day I got a call saying that the order will be delivered the following day. I stayed at home no sign. Over the next couple of days I attempted to speak to a customer service rep to enquire about the status of the order. On three calls to them I was holdin g for over a hour before I gave up.

Finally I got through to a ringing tone after a few days (which was picked up after about 25 rings). The rep informed me that they didnt have the model in stock and that It was to be delivered within the next day so I should have it within 48hours.

Surprise surprise no sign of it. So today the 27th of poxy april I call again to speak to a customer service rep to follow up on whats going on. I'm informed that they no longer carry that model and someone "should" have contacted me to inform me.The next question was would I like to be transfered to sales to pick a replacement. I told them the situation was crazy and demanded a refund.

Rant over. However I wouldnt strongly advise anyone from touching these muppets made Dell seem like a joy to deal with. I'm now totally screwed as I really really needed the machine by the 28th (tomrrow). Just hope that this story helps someone not have to endure the same type of stupid behaviour from these muppets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Phantom_Lord apologies I just posted to the thread with a update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Woops already ordered from them a few days ago!!!

Hope all goes well and that your experience of them is the exception rather than the rule...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Giles yeah I hope so. Its was one of the must annoying transactions I've ever tried to do. Would you be so kind to post back your experiences (or even pm me) with how you get on?

Cheers

Yeah course I will no dramas...

Fingers crossed! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Ordered a sony vaio last thursday came the next day! sorry to hear your having problems but in my expierence there great to deal with.

This is what it says on my order screen:

you have any issues with your order, please email us quoting your order reference.

Order 180459 Order Received: 27-Apr-2006
    Customer: Mr Giles Kenny
    Main Status: In Progress 'ALTERNATIVES'
    Explanation: Your order is being processed.

What the hell does Alternatives mean? I hope they're not planning on sending me a different laptop to the one I ordered (unless it's better!) - I'm calling them tomorrow to make sure as I ordered last Wednesday and still no sign...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Giles - Did you get your machine from laptopsdirect.ie?
    Was planning to order from 'em but I'm wary now.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Ordered an Acer Aspire 1652WLMi from them last Friday afternoon. Received it yesterday morning. Very impressed with their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Jusy want to mention that if u buy a toshibs from laptopsdirect.ie before the world cup starts, + England win it, u get 66% back (u just fill in a form on their site after u buy one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Regarding the Toshiba money back:

From the terms and conditions, section 12:

This refund offer is applicable to UK residents only and does not affect your statutory rights.

klingklang wrote:
    Giles - Did you get your machine from laptopsdirect.ie?
    Was planning to order from 'em but I'm wary now.

Yeah got it in the end, once my order had been fixed up it arrived very quickly after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sysconp1

Well on the 21st December I ordered a Mac Mini from Laptops Direct under their 1-2 day express delivery. This was meant as a Christmas present for a friend and with the 1-2 day express delivery I was surre everything would be ok. Well there was no delivery upto the 24th... I had to go away after the 27th so now there would be no one around to receive the package :-(
    Well this is where is all went bad... Laptopsdirect said it was out there for delivery and therefore was not their problem. (I paid you the money therfore it is YOUR problem, get your customer service right!!)

Yesterday I received the docket for the delivery and I refused to accept their parcel due to the fact I had been forced to buy an alternative present :-( On the docket it clearly said due by 31st Dec 08 and after speaking to the delivery company they advised that the parcel only got to them on the 31st Dec from Easy Computers. Therefore that suggests to me that Laptopsdirect messed this one up....

I this morning received an email from Laptopsdirect suggesting that I will have to wait for them to receive the package back from the courier plus an extra 7 days before I will see a refund. I find that disgusting and I am considering taking the matter up with my solicitor to see how things stand.
    I will never use laptopsdirect again and I will never recommend them to anyone again. They are a shower of fraudsters that I hope go bust after I get my refund.

BEWARE

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Dragging up 2.5 year old threads just to have a rant about laptopsdirect is not on.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement