Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

getting from athlone town to Glasson

Options
  • 27-03-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

hey all

i've to go to a wedding on saturday in the glasson hotel

i've the journey planned to arrive in athlone on the train at 20.03

i cant seem to find any info on a bus to glasson

i could chance a taxi but according to google its 15mins away so that'd cost me the price of the bus ticket again

is there any local bus service available or in lieu of that anyone know a good taxi driver that won't fleece me?

cheers in advance lads and ladies

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Afraid taxi is your only option unless you can bum a lift with someone heading to the wedding. Best bet is to ask a taxi driver before you get into the car is it a fixed rate to Glasson Hotel.

I'm sure someone here will give you a taxi number that will give you a fixed rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ring the hotel in Glasson and ask for the number of the taxi they use. My parents were at a wedding last year in Glasson and the receptionist recommended them a taxi no (as the hotel was booked out for the wedding). Taxi driver did a reasonable rate for them cos he was recommended by the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Cheers peeps

I'll ring them in the morning

Thanks for your help folks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Glasson is on the main road from Athlone to (1) Cavan, Monaghan, Armagh, Belfast and (2) Longford, Carrick-on-Shannon, Sligo. Am I being seriously told that no bus passes through it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Not at 8 o'clock on a Saturday night I doubt.

Also, the hotel is nowhere near the main road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tomo75

Not to the Hotel - the village maybe.

tomo75 wrote: »

I don't know a hotel in Glasson. Do you mean the Wine Port?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

tomo75 wrote: »
    Busses do pass through Glasson but i don't think any stop, The hotel (I assume the Glasson Golf) is another 2km outside the village.

pajero12 wrote: »
    Busses do pass through Glasson but i don't think any stop, The hotel (I assume the Glasson Golf) is another 2km outside the village.

Maybe OP could persuade a bus to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

A bus stops in Glasson in the afternoon if you wanted to rearrange your plan. However the hotel is at least 2km from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

feargale wrote: »
    Maybe OP could persuade a bus to stop.

Have you ever travelled on Bus Eireann ? - You'd need to be an OAP to have any chance of persuading them to stop.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

thanks folks

after a few misadventures and detours and changes to plans, i managed to make it to the wedding and have some great craic.

thanks to everyone for their help

Advertisement