Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin mobile good or bad?

Options
  • 29-08-2016 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi guys I am switching from meteor as after 15 years I am still feel I am being robbed in terms of my plan. Over the last 23 months on the plan I got with my new phone I currently have 300 minutes and texts, free meteor calls and texts and 500gb data for 29 euro!! That was the plan is signed up for 2 years ago like a fool. Always spend 10 euro extra to get more data too. So 29 to 39 a month.

Virgin are offering unlimited calls and texts to all networks and 30gb of data for 25 a month. And the first 4 months are only 10 euro. Rolling one month contract. They are piggy backing the 3 network and have 4g. It seems like a genuinely great offer with little to lose to try it out.

Can anyone weigh in on this or put me off?? Have to decide by 31st of this month so not much time.

Any info/opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They don't support certain shortcodes messages which is not ideal for some, and they dont have online webtexts.

If you are happy with the 3 network then go for it. Things are better now since they launched 4G. Least you are not tied in to a long term contract so you can leave if you do have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Davy wrote: »
    They don't support certain shortcodes messages which is not ideal for some, and they dont have online webtexts.

If you are happy with the 3 network then go for it. Things are better now since they launched 4G. Least you are not tied in to a long term contract so you can leave if you do have issues.

Hi Davy thanks for the reply,

What do you mean about short code messages? What are they?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

pj12332 wrote: »
    Hi Davy thanks for the reply,

What do you mean about short code messages? What are they?

53XXX and similar numbers. They support some now, at first they didn't support any iirc. If you use these regularly, you can check the exact list they support now on the site. Some people couldn't receive messages for 2 factor authentication because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Davy,

I can't seem to find the shortcode information anywhere. Do you have a link?

Davy,

I can't seem to find the shortcode information anywhere. Do you have a link?

Yep:> http://support.virginmedia.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/1507

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Keep in mind, if you got a 'free' phone from meteor, that cost money too. You can get sim only plans from meteor too with no 'free' phone. I have unlimited calls texts and 15gb of data for €22 or something.

Keep in mind it recontracts you on your virgin package too if you take the offer.

Advertisement