Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieving Data from HTC One

Options
  • 18-08-2016 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction. I had a HTC One M7 for over 2 years. It contains over 500 photos in its internal memory which I never backed up. The HTC developed problems over a week ago. First the Internet went, then on turning phone on and off it did not recognise sim card. Got a new sim but now the phone kept turning itself on and off over again. When you turn it on it turns off in less than 10 seconds and reboots. I have brought it to two mobile phone repair shops. The first guy had it for days but said it was very unstable and was unable to retrieve my photos. It is now with a second repair centre who thought they could fix it but are also having difficulty. Apparently there is a data retrieval company called Kroll Ontrack but they can cost hundreds if not more. I am so upset at losing all my photos. I can see them when I turn the phone on but nobody can transfer them so far due to phone not staying on. Any help so much appreciated. Even where to bring it. I don't care about the phone just my photos. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

This link might help you.

This link seems similar to the problem you have and looks like they solved it. BUT those guys were using ABD drivers and the Android SDK

Have you tried connecting the phone to a computer? Was there any sign of life from it?

Do you have a friend who would be comfortable trying the second option? Or maybe email the repair guys with this info and maybe they can sort it for you.

Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

I suggest u boot phone into bootloader option and see if it's stable. Google how to, it's simple.

If it's stable, you may be able to manually locate the images via the on screen menu to confirm they're there.

Has the phone got an SD slot? If so, you should be able to transfer images via bootloader menu

Advertisement