Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just when you thought Mugabe couldn't be any more of a crackpot..

• 19-05-2010 4:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

http://www.news.com.au/world/giraffe-dies-as-zimbabwes-robert-mugabe-sends-noahs-ark-gift-to-north-korea/story-e6frfkyi-1225868582493
    Robert Mugabe's 'Noah's Ark' gift to North Korea

A GIRAFFE has become the first victim of Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe's "Noah's Ark" gift to his North Korean counterpart Kim Jong-Il.
    The bizarre experiment involves pairs of African animals, including elephants, zebras, giraffes and antelopes, being secretly flown to North Korea.
    One of the giraffes had died as it was being prepared to be relocated and another unknown animal had reportedly died in transit, a conservationist told Radio Australia.
    He described the gift of animals as "football payback".
    Last month, it was announced the North Korean soccer team would hold a training camp in Zimbabwe ahead of the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
    Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force chairman Johny Rodrigues told the BBC animals were being secretly caught in pairs over the past two months in the Hwange National Park, western Zimbabwe.
    Mr Rodrigues said witnesses had seen state parks vehicles towing cages in the area.
    He held particular concerns that two baby elephants may not survive after being separated from their mothers.
    Zimbabwe's director general for national parks Vitalis Chadenga last week confirmed a plan to send animals to North Korea, but said Mr Mugabe was not behind it.
    "I can confirm that we received an application from the Democratic Republic of North Korea and we are still processing the application" he told The Standard, a Zimbabwean newspaper.
    Two rhinos given to North Korea in the 1980s by Mugabe reportedly died only a few months after their relocation, The Standard said.
    Opposition groups vowed to demonstrate against the North Korea soccer team's presence. Troops loyal to Mugabe trained by North Koreans crushed an armed rebellion in the western Matabeleland province - where Hwange is located - and massacred tens of thousands of civilians in the 1980s.
    The team's visit to Zimbabwe was in doubt. North Korea soccer officials refused to confirm their itinerary when they left Pyongyang for training in Switzerland on May 8.

Would a bunch of flowers not suffice. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

There goes two of the greatest world leaders of our time, both out of this world.

Fly on you space cowboys, fly on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

North Korea is my favorite country in the world. The just don't give a shit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

For the same reasons, it's one of my least favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Democratic Republic of what? LoL. They having a fcuking laugh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

About their people for a start.:eek:

Personally I hope they beat France and England if they meet in the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Kasabian wrote: »
    About there people for a start.:eek:

Personally I hope they beat France and England if they meet in the World Cup.

Whatever happens, the North Korean people will THINK that they've won the World Cup. Of that we can be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

yep, all that's going to be shown on state tv there is edited highlights of the games, showing only north korea attacking or maybe even scoring. how they get by coming home without a trophy i don't know.
    very nice people though. haven't a clue about the outside world, but that's the dozy jucheism for you. although how kim jong il is going to explain how north korea suddenly found a couple of giraffes and elephants should be interesting. the press agency will probably speak of his excellent skills at breeding new animals!!

I think Mugabe is a pretty cool guy. eh exports animals and doesnt afraid of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It's like two ugly burds who hang out with each other because each thinks it'll make them seem more attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    Whatever happens, the North Korean people will THINK that they've won the World Cup. Of that we can be sure.

Can we have some of that , pretend we are in it and win it . Might lift the nation.

I fcuking hate Thierry Henri :mad: and Kevin Kilbane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I keep wondering where all those people are now that were so much supporting and in awe off Mugabe and his pall Nkono in the 70's and 80's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

this is thing which i feel is very for Zimbabwe relationships

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Carlos_Ray wrote: »

Agreed. The winner in the final against England will be spectacular. A 20 yard bicycle kick 89th minute by Hong Yong-Jo that flies right into the top corner of the net. Final score North Korea 1-0 England.

(hint : you can tell it's staged because England are in the final.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Mugabe is a right proper nutter, and this is just another example of it. I was watching the documentary "Mugabe and the White African", and it really showed him to be a racist nutter, who hates White people, and who has run his entire country into the ground due to his greed and racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I saw Top Gun the other night and I must say, what a film! I'd actually become a pilot from watching that!;)
    Anyway, in this Top Gun mood, it's my 1700th post and considering this thread has good ole North Korea in it, I thought sure why not, throw this video in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

yep, all that's going to be shown on state tv there is edited highlights of the games, showing only north korea attacking or maybe even scoring. how they get by coming home without a trophy i don't know.
    very nice people though. haven't a clue about the outside world, but that's the dozy jucheism for you. although how kim jong il is going to explain how north korea suddenly found a couple of giraffes and elephants should be interesting. the press agency will probably speak of his excellent skills at breeding new animals!!

Easily sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

The animals went in two by two, hurrah! hurrah!
    The animals went in two by two, hurrah! hurrah!
    The giraffe went in on its own, oh no! oh no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 prof_frink_2000

From what i've heard North Korea don't have the TV rights, South Korea were going to offer to transmit a 2 hour delayed coverage into the North, but that may not happen after the torpedo strike on their naval ship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Robert Mugabe and counterpart Kim Jong-Il - todays Hitler and Mussolini ...and the world sits by (again) in self-interest...
    Nothing more to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

The bizarre experiment involves pairs of African animals, including elephants, zebras, giraffes and antelopes, being secretly flown to North Korea.

FAIL

Advertisement