Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why the hell do some people not respond when you message/email them???

• 19-05-2010 3:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

It only takes a second to reply to someone.

Are some people really that snooty or what possible reason could there be for it?

I find it to be really impolite.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Five reasons:

1. Laziness

2. They don't wish to respond to you

3. They forget.

4. They don't have the internet/credit

5. They've given you fake details.

Should cover it I think.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

some people are dicks... plain and simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

They don't respond to emails, just post them your passport, bank account details, and credit card and you'll get your €30,000,000 from your 23rd uncle-in-law who passed away in Nigeria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

Are some people really that snooty or what possible reason could there be for it?

It's a nice feeling not being able to be reached by anyone,hence turning off your phone. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It can take months for me to reply to a 'whats the craic' e-mail
    C'mon OP, what was the e-mail about, sex or drugs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Only reply when you've something to say.

People who reply 'thanks' or 'great' or 'no' have too much time on their hands.

If it's important enough that you're obsessing about it give them a ring,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I find it funny when people get annoyed when someone hasn't text/e-mailed them back after you send one to them. It could just be that they're can't respond at the time. Of course i'm one to talk, I get quite pis*ed sometimes too, but I wouldn't be as mad as some people get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

Maybe they don't like you!:D I hate when people don't get hints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

there is no way in the world that the op is a guy. no guy would start a thread like this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

there is no way in the world that the op is a guy. no guy would start a thread like this

I'm a guy, but I act like a girl in a lot of ways.... sometimes I speak like a girl and I like girly music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I'm a guy, but I act like a girl in a lot of ways.... sometimes I speak like a girl and I like girly music.

I appreciate your honesty. i'm a guy too but right now I am wearing a black see thru teddy. Girl power highfive OP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have a mountain of unread PMs on here and unread emails.

My disinterest in some of the people who try to contact me is very, very high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I have a mountain of unread PMs on here and unread emails.

My disinterest in some of the people who try to contact me is very, very high.

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

i take it as meaning they don't want to talk to ye or they just couldn't be bothered to.
    If a person doesn't reply to my messages twice on separate but close occasions I delete their number from my phone book or delete them as a friend on FB.
    This is something that really does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'm pretty bad for not having phone credit but I get back to emails pronto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

So many jokes, so little time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I hate it when you've got something important to ask someone, but you're just being polite first and ask how they are

My text: Hi, you alright?
    Theirs (instant reply): Yeah grand ta, yourself?
    Me: Yeah Good thanks, anyway [important question]

Cue them not replying and me screaming "You fúckin replied straight away when I couldnt give a shit what you answer was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've a friend like this. They even don't like it if you neglect to respond to Facebook comments.

Soon to be an ex-friend, perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,247 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    If a person doesn't reply to my messages twice on separate but close occasions I delete their number from my phone book or delete them as a friend on FB.
    This is something that really does my head in.

That's a little bit obsessive, clingy and crazy tbh.

What do you do after the third ignored message? Murder them and their family?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

What sort of texts are we talking about? Moronic teenage babblings or potentially important stuff?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

They couldn't be in work no? PC couldn't be fúcked or anything? Tried giving them a call? It's possible they may of be away from the pc...

You know it's really impolite to expect everyone to pay instant attention to you...
    brummytom wrote: »
    I hate it when you've got something important to ask someone, but you're just being polite first and ask how they are

Cue them not replying and me screaming "You fúckin replied straight away when I couldnt give a shit what you answer was!

keep workling on them chat up lines ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

brummytom wrote: »

hahaha this is so true!!
    it's worse when you're trying to build up to it gently, with a few more mundane messages. same for people who don't answer their phone even though they're able to text back straight away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

hahaha this is so true!!
    it's worse when you're trying to build up to it gently, with a few more mundane messages. same for people who don't answer their phone even though they're able to text back straight away.

Do you answer yer phone in the jacks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i don't handle my phone in the jacks!! so wouldn't be replying by text or answering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

My phone is usually on all day, and sometimes ya just want some time to yourself so you turn it off. There are plenty of people who aren't good or reliable texters and they just don't like texting. They're not sitting around staring at their phone waiting on someone to text them. Also i think a lot of people don't like getting into text conversation when they are with people because it can be very rude. Nothing worse than meeting up with someone to have a chat and a catch up and they are texting away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,884 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

What I hate:

People who call about a problem, but only leave the message "ring me". Tell me what the problem is in your message bucko.

Having to reply to a message like "how are you" by txt. Ring and ask, rather than force me to type out a paragraph that only slightly describes how I am. If I'm busy I'll send you straight to voice mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I'm well known for doing this (but not at this very moment).. it's because I may have a load of other messages to reply too.. or can't be arsed lifting my fingers to type a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

/ignore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I answered the phone one day, it was my my mate:

Him: "Hey man, what's the story? What are you up to?"

Me: "I'm just taking a shít, what's the craic with ya?

Him: "Are you sitting on the toilet taking a shít right now?"

Me: "Yea, why?"

"Beep beep beep beep"

He hung up :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

A house-mate of mine is guilty of that, she's glued to her phone all the time and will often go to the loo in the middle of talking to someone :eek:, can't understand it for the life of me. ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

Considering you posted this at 3.12am i would think the person is in bed asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

it depends who is contacting me

if its an email form family/friends, i'll reply when i read it, if i can, or otherwise as soon as i'm free

if it's a PM from someone on boards who i dont know/dont like/dont want to engage with, i just ignore it, and presume they'll get the message

i'm not on facebook, so no issue there

calls or texts- depends who its from and how busy i am, but would always aim to reply asap

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

I do this to people who only ever text me or email when they want something or want me do do something and have no problems about doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Surely if it's so rude not to answer a text, text conversations would never actually end seeing as either participant would to duty-bound to always asnwer the last text recieved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

If someone doesn't usually reply to your texts or emails it means they don't like you.

Take the hint! stop texting them!

Leave them alone stalker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

Not always. Some people like to have fucking conversations by text, and this pisses me off big time. Its often shit that can wait till the next time you see them too. Getting pissed off because someone doesn't reply to your text instantly is a bit silly tbh, there could be any reason for it.

You'd love me. Theres only a couple of people I'd answer the phone to or text back. Anyone else would want to be either dying or have a limb hanging off for me to reply or answer the phone to. Don't even get me started about PM's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,107 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

By far the worst people for not replying to my emails are those feckers at Vodafone "customer care:rolleyes:", ignorant useless bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's a little bit obsessive, clingy and crazy tbh.

What do you do after the third ignored message? Murder them and their family?

Only them,
    What do you have to say about that!!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad:
    (Don't answer and that's 1 strike.)

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

Look OP, I told you before, I see you more as friend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

Maybe they just don't like you any more and are hoping you will get the message? I think the opposite problem is worse, when someone you don't want to know anymore keeps texting/emailing/calling you time and time again like a crazy stalker, even when you haven't responded to them for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I hate pointless texting. "Hey, how are you?", I mean, do people actually want to know because it seems to me it's just a way of starting a generally boring conversation! If I texted back anything other than, "Yeah, I'm fine, thanks" or "I'm good, you?", I think the other person would go into shock.

So I don't reply to those kind of messages because it's like reading a bloody script. Next comes "What you up to?".

Other than that, if I like the person, I'll reply. :) Sometimes I do read a PM though and think, "Ooh yeah, I'll reply to that later" and just forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Novella wrote: »
    I hate pointless texting. "Hey, how are you?", I mean, do people actually want to know because it seems to me it's just a way of starting a generally boring conversation! If I texted back anything other than, "Yeah, I'm fine, thanks" or "I'm good, you?", I think the other person would go into shock.

So I don't reply to those kind of messages because it's like reading a bloody script. Next comes "What you up to?".

+1

There's a person I know who texts me at least once a week, without fail. The first message is always "Hey, how's things?" I used to always try and drag conversation out of him, but he's just so utterly boring that I've started sending him equally mundane messages back. The conversation generally goes along the lines of

Him: Hi, hows things?
    Me: Good, you?
    Him: Good, any news?
    Me: No, you?
    Him: Not much.

Then I just stop writing back. And yet he STILL will text me again the following week for an almost identical conversation! I know I shouldn't write back at all, but I feel bad because I've known him years :o Sometimes I genuinely will forget to write back to the first message, and I'll get the exact same message approximately 24 hours later :mad::mad::mad: FACK OFF!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

Ever think that they might be busy and not have to time to be sitting around waiting for your message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

did op say something??

Off subject slightly I never get PM unless i'm in trouble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

some people are dicks... plain and simple

Can you please reply to that email I sent you last year?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It depends on who's sending them and who's in the piority /pecking order .

I guess most of us get's the texts, emails and pm's that can wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Why not?!

I hate that so much.

Reasons not to text or email back immediately part one of many.
    Maybe they were driving at the time.

Advertisement