Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the very good people of boards

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Stee wrote: »
    I'd say so, unless they are heartless bastards. I assume once its agreed with the employer then its ok, but I'd always book the time off work before booking a holiday anyway.

An example of the law, although not in Ireland, is AT&T mobile network in the US. All retail staff are barred from taking holidays/leave during the month of June to facilitate the launch of the iPhone and are expected to work extra hours where possible
    Yep I've heard that. My mam's friend works in Arvato (Formerly sonopress) and they can't take holidays between end of august until end of january because of the extra work involved with christmas orders. It's in their contracts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I have been very stressed lately, and exhausted too and have just found out i am not getting holidays or any time off from work this summer.

i feel like i am going to drop dead soon.

Help me to decide what to do with my wages this week.

i want and need to go for spa teatments. will i book myself into a spa at the weekend.

or will i save and budget for rent and bills.

I sometimes wonder, really wonder, whether any of this is worth the effort. All the pain could be ended so easily. The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune can only reach us because we stay within their range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

El Siglo wrote: »
    No way, you're crazy.

Buy Anglo shares.

I was seriously considering that one day

Advertisement