Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seat Re-cover

Options
  • 28-05-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My Yamaha TDM seat cover has a few tears in it. Anyone know of somewhere in munster to either, repair or Recover bike seats?

Ive tried a few stitch repair shops but they said no. I dont mind if they just recover it all in black or grey, I can easly just buy a Yamaha sticker of some sort

Cheers
    Fint

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Easy DIY job, get a cheap staple gun in Woodies/B&Q and a square metre of waterproof vinyl off an upholsterer's and away you go.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭finto

ninja900 wrote: »
    Easy DIY job, get a cheap staple gun in Woodies/B&Q and a square metre of waterproof vinyl off an upholsterer's and away you go.

Hmm...didnt think of that. What just staple the new stuff above or below the tear? Below i suppose would it?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Take the old cover off and completely recover it. No point in trying to patch up vinyl as it never holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You can buy a replacement cover from Yamaha.

Not your ornery onager

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Or bagster might do one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 whatthe...

Cartronics in Santry. Just had mine recovered for 40 earth pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭finto

Hey All,

Only getting back to this now. Seat was at the end of my Todo bike list.

Does anyone know if you can order Bagster Seat covers in Ireland. I tried fleabay, none around. Also Baglux.Co.uk seem to be the UK reseller, and charge £76 + 12.99 postage to Ireland.

Anyone know if these can be ordered on our own shores?

Cheers
    Fint

Advertisement