Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€10 off €50 in Aldi [Sunday World + Sunday Independent]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

I would but the thoughts of giving Denis O'Brien any of my money, even if it means I get a voucher, just repulses me. Not a stab at the OP, I just wish it was in an untainted paper :)

Why bother clicking in to the thread just to write that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭crayon80

clairek6 wrote: »

Tradition. Someone always posts something like that whenever this offer comes up. Every. Single. Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Any Lidl vouchers this week or is it just aldi?

Just Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

How long these vouchers valid for?

until close of business Saturday 4th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

are Tescos still taking them? they have some good special offers on at the moment so could stock up on stuff that doesn't go off if they are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

are Tescos still taking them? they have some good special offers on at the moment so could stock up on stuff that doesn't go off if they are

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

clairek6 wrote: »

Because I only found out recently it was part of O'Brien's empire. Until then I bought them for vouchers. Since then, never again. Like I said it wasn't a stab at the OP or anyone. I was just letting people know. If people still want to buy them I'm not going to lose any sleep :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I think in future these threads should have a disclaimer in the OP that vouchers for ALDI/LIDL in the Indo are all a dastardly plot to fund Dennis O'Brien's Evil Empire.

That way people can refrain from handing over a few bob so as to stick it to the man and instead purchase another paper with no voucher. They can then wallow in their smug sense of satisfaction at having gotten the better of Dennis O'Brien and instead of wasting precious time posting about in these threads every. single. time. they can put their energies to better use on a Sunday like buying the Sunday World or the Star which they can peruse while while sipping on a frapuccino from Starbucks with TodayFM playing in the background. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

what page in the Sunday World is it on - I had a quick scan through and couldn't find it (bought Sindo instead)?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

LavaLamp wrote: »
    what page in the Sunday World is it on - I had a quick scan through and couldn't find it (bought Sindo instead)?
    It's on page 9

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

byte wrote: »
    It's on page 9

great - thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I have a €10 off your next shop for Aldi i'm not going to use it:):) because i'm off on holidays tomorrow so if anyone wants it let me know and i can post it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Because I only found out recently it was part of O'Brien's empire. Until then I bought them for vouchers. Since then, never again. Like I said it wasn't a stab at the OP or anyone. I was just letting people know. If people still want to buy them I'm not going to lose any sleep :)

Does it really matter if Denis O'Brien owns it ? The man may be disliked, but you're saving about €7 on your shop by buying that newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Eh Denis O'Brien hate thread that away ->>��

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

I have three sunday indo but can't find the token for Aldi. Front cover says page 2, am I missing something? Can't see it on page 2 or anywhere. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

casio4 wrote: »
    I have a €10 off your next shop for Aldi i'm not going to use it:):) because i'm off on holidays tomorrow so if anyone wants it let me know and i can post it

now gone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

In a hotel. Didn't realise they are not in the light edition. Thanks anyway.

Lads possible stupid question: I know Tesco accept these but will Lidl too? What with them being Aldi's arch rivals and all? I'm just back from Tesco Arthur's Quay where they wouldn't give me a €50 Tesco voucher with the €10 voucher!! When the same place happily did it for me before Christmas....the sister does a big shop at Lidl however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not strictly related but something I often wondered and this thread has reminded me. When shops accept other shops vouchers - how does this work? Is it that they can then use them to part pay their employees, who (presumably) would then avoid deductions on whatever portion is paid in vouchers? Or do the shops from where the vouchers originated honour them and pay out in cash when they are presented by the other store? (seems unlikely)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Lads possible stupid question: I know Tesco accept these but will Lidl too? What with them being Aldi's arch rivals and all? I'm just back from Tesco Arthur's Quay where they wouldn't give me a €50 Tesco voucher with the €10 voucher!! When the same place happily did it for me before Christmas....the sister does a big shop at Lidl however.

I'm 99% sure Lidl wont accept them. I'd stock up on non perishables if i was you. (Or phone credit at tescos, lasts for 3 months)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

Jeez :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Not strictly related but something I often wondered and this thread has reminded me. When shops accept other shops vouchers - how does this work? Is it that they can then use them to part pay their employees, who (presumably) would then avoid deductions on whatever portion is paid in vouchers? Or do the shops from where the vouchers originated honour them and pay out in cash when they are presented by the other store? (seems unlikely)

Staff would likely cause a full scale civil war if they tried to pay them in money off vouchers - and you'd never encourage your staff to go to a competitor except on fact-finding anyway.

They swallow the cost from their marketing budget, basically.

L1011 wrote: »
    Staff would likely cause a full scale civil war if they tried to pay them in money off vouchers - and you'd never encourage your staff to go to a competitor except on fact-finding anyway.

I suppose :P

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

L1011 wrote: »

I'd guess the same.

Same as what Ryan Air do with the €1 flights. Gets people talking so basically marketing monies (or another way to spend your marketing budget).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭JoeCat

Any idea if this Sunday Indo still has vouchers for Aldi?

It's the only reason I would by this newspaper.

Advertisement