Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€10 off €50 in Aldi [Sunday World + Sunday Independent]

• 26-03-2015 1:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sunday Independent 29/03
    Paper costs €2.90

Update: Sunday world or Sunday Independent on March 29th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MaireadK4

€10 off €50 in Iceland in The Herald today. Can these be used in tesco?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I don't think Iceland are one of the supermarkets Tesco are accepting vouchers from but I'm open to correction. Even if they are, I would say they'd only accept them in Tesco stores that have an Iceland nearby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did we need another thread? The thread from last week could have been bumped, no?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057399941

vicwatson wrote: »
    Did we need another thread? The thread from last week could have been bumped, no?

Yeah, it helps keeping recurring offers like this in the one thread so folk who have made use of a previous iteration of the offer from seeing it on the thread and them subscribe to the thread are then automatically alerted when new iterations of the offer are posted to the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

vicwatson wrote: »

The mods would probably ban you for resurructing a thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hopefully Lidl follows suit with their €10 off €50 vouchers soon, I wanna see a 20% off supermarket war :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bargain hunt

Quackster wrote: »
    I don't think Iceland are one of the supermarkets Tesco are accepting vouchers from but I'm open to correction. Even if they are, I would say they'd only accept them in Tesco stores that have an Iceland nearby.

Tesco clonmel take Iceland coupons. Nearest Iceland is in Waterford city. We often get 5 off 30 spend for Iceland with our free paper.

The mods would probably ban you for resurructing a thread

Hardly, the other thread was started only 7 days ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Quackster wrote: »

I'd be fairly certain that Tesco accept these, as long as the coupon is in date and original, they'll accept it. There's no requirement re nearby stores that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Iceland is not on the list. It's staff specific rather like taking them for gift vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

Nice one. I'll use this in ALDI and my spend and save voucher in Dunnes and that's me sorted for the week.

I wont bother with Tesco. Let them offer their own vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

L1011 wrote: »
    Iceland is not on the list. It's staff specific rather like taking them for gift vouchers.

Tesco are taking them! Terri from Tesco customer care replied to a query from someone on the Beady Eye Bargains facebook page "Thanks for getting in touch. All stores will be accepting these vouchers. If you have any queries in future, please get back in touch". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 trilobite80

Tried to use voucher to buy tesco gift card today ar Headford Road, Galway . ..no joy...oh well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

because you cannot buy vouchers with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

because you cannot buy vouchers with them
    Cannot buy gift cards or vouchers for tesco, Argos etc?

It was possible with the last round of vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Tried to use voucher to buy tesco gift card today ar Headford Road, Galway . ..no joy...oh well!

tried there a few days after xmas and no joy, they had no problem accepting them at the time in oranmore though

Did you try to use the voucher to just buy a gift card or did you put a gift card in with your regular shopping? As a rule of thumb, I make sure that if I'm getting gift cards, they make up no more than 50% of the cost of my shopping and I've never had a problem using competitor vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tesco are taking them! Terri from Tesco customer care replied to a query from someone on the Beady Eye Bargains facebook page "Thanks for getting in touch. All stores will be accepting these vouchers. If you have any queries in future, please get back in touch". :)

Tesco c/s are often wrong. Expect a fight in some stores even if they're not as Iceland are not on the original documentation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

mailburner wrote: »
    tried there a few days after xmas and no joy, they had no problem accepting them at the time in oranmore though

I did a shop for €16 and bought a €35 gift card.

They happily accepted. This was in Jervis St. Although they didn't accept me paying with an old giftcard to buy a new one :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Maynooth 100% definitely do not accept Iceland vouchers- and they still have the sign up at customer services. Iceland is *not* on the list (neither is M&S).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The lips wrote: »
    Cannot buy gift cards or vouchers for tesco, Argos etc?

It was possible with the last round of vouchers

I used the XMas 20/100 Aldi vouchers to buy two Tesco 50 vouchers without issue, have not tried in the current run though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

In tomorrow's paper, the coupon is on their ad.

Oh goodie!! Thank you! :) I wonder with the Sindo have one again too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I would but the thoughts of giving Denis O'Brien any of my money, even if it means I get a voucher, just repulses me. Not a stab at the OP, I just wish it was in an untainted paper :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I would but the thoughts of giving Denis O'Brien any of my money, even if it means I get a voucher, just repulses me. Not a stab at the OP, I just wish it was in an untainted paper :)

So you don't read any newspapers at all then?

Oh goodie!! Thank you! :) I wonder with the Sindo have one again too?

They do, there is a thread on it.

10 off 50 in Sunday World too tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Threads merged and title updated, don't need two for the same voucher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Also in Sunday Indo.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Also in Sunday Indo.

What, like in the thread title:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

Why bother clicking in to the thread just to write that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭crayon80

clairek6 wrote: »

Tradition. Someone always posts something like that whenever this offer comes up. Every. Single. Time.

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

Any Lidl vouchers this week or is it just aldi?

Just Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

How long these vouchers valid for?

until close of business Saturday 4th April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

are Tescos still taking them? they have some good special offers on at the moment so could stock up on stuff that doesn't go off if they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

are Tescos still taking them? they have some good special offers on at the moment so could stock up on stuff that doesn't go off if they are

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

clairek6 wrote: »

Because I only found out recently it was part of O'Brien's empire. Until then I bought them for vouchers. Since then, never again. Like I said it wasn't a stab at the OP or anyone. I was just letting people know. If people still want to buy them I'm not going to lose any sleep :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I think in future these threads should have a disclaimer in the OP that vouchers for ALDI/LIDL in the Indo are all a dastardly plot to fund Dennis O'Brien's Evil Empire.

That way people can refrain from handing over a few bob so as to stick it to the man and instead purchase another paper with no voucher. They can then wallow in their smug sense of satisfaction at having gotten the better of Dennis O'Brien and instead of wasting precious time posting about in these threads every. single. time. they can put their energies to better use on a Sunday like buying the Sunday World or the Star which they can peruse while while sipping on a frapuccino from Starbucks with TodayFM playing in the background. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

what page in the Sunday World is it on - I had a quick scan through and couldn't find it (bought Sindo instead)?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

LavaLamp wrote: »
    what page in the Sunday World is it on - I had a quick scan through and couldn't find it (bought Sindo instead)?
    It's on page 9

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

byte wrote: »
    It's on page 9

great - thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I have a €10 off your next shop for Aldi i'm not going to use it:):) because i'm off on holidays tomorrow so if anyone wants it let me know and i can post it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Because I only found out recently it was part of O'Brien's empire. Until then I bought them for vouchers. Since then, never again. Like I said it wasn't a stab at the OP or anyone. I was just letting people know. If people still want to buy them I'm not going to lose any sleep :)

Does it really matter if Denis O'Brien owns it ? The man may be disliked, but you're saving about €7 on your shop by buying that newspaper.

Eh Denis O'Brien hate thread that away ->>��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

I have three sunday indo but can't find the token for Aldi. Front cover says page 2, am I missing something? Can't see it on page 2 or anywhere. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

casio4 wrote: »
    I have a €10 off your next shop for Aldi i'm not going to use it:):) because i'm off on holidays tomorrow so if anyone wants it let me know and i can post it

now gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement