Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation TV €54.99 @ Smyths inc FREE del or collect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Dagnabbit bargain alerts.. I have been eyeing one for ages but at this price I cant resist. It will be handy from streaming ps4 games and playing the odd vita game on the big screen. Not like I could have managed without but..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thanks OP

Resevered one for pickup later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Can get a €68 voucher for Cex with one here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Ahh does anyone know if this will work on PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I officially hate you for posting this, stop posting stuff I want to buy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Don't know what it does, but I want it none the less.

Bloomin' frick.

ronan45 wrote: »
    Ahh does anyone know if this will work on PS3?

No, ps3 just has a limited selection of ps3 games you can stream to psp.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Can get a €68 voucher for Cex with one here

I'd say you wanna be quick if you're looking for this. seems the price has dropped everywhere for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I'd say you wanna be quick if you're looking for this. seems the price has dropped everywhere for it.
    Guaranteed for 5 working days anyway if you go for it. Not doing it myself but thought it may be of use

Looks like its an intentional price drop rather than a clearance, still a bargain as its 5 cheap than the sterling exchange rate !

http://www.videogamer.com/news/playstation_tv_gets_official_price_cut_in_uk_now_44_99.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭doctorg

Is this any good with a playstation?

You can play download an play vita games on this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Pity you still have to use those overpriced sony memory cards with this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Wonder if they're planning to release a new version of this or something since the sudden price drop everywhere. It's already small enough as it is but making it even smaller again wouldn't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Whats the deal with Netflix and other apps?
    As of a couple of months ago I heard netflix doesn't work. Is that still the case?

Pretty silly if it doesnt.

I dont think you can use netflix in the eu, will check later.

Played around a bit last night, ps4 streaming is good over wifi and networking, there is a fair drop in picture quality though as the ps tv is only 720p, but its more than fluid enough to be playable. Its probably going to look pretty poor on anything bigger than a 32 incher.

Ps vita games, the ones that work, are fine, played some borderlands 2, once again a bit jaggy, in fact most games on vita are running at less than 720p. Didnt try any psone/psp games yet.

Its grand for a second room gaming box really, i think 50 quids the right price, especially as sony arent to interested in putting video on demand stuff like netflix or youtube in. I think video/music playback is sketchy too.

Dont forget you will need a spare dual shock 3 or 4. If you are using ps 4 link with your home network lan or wifi be sure to turn off direct wifi in the ps4 connection settings, it was only half working for me as my ps4 was behind a wall and the connection was poor, was grand after.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

imitation wrote: »
    I dont think you can use netflix in the eu, will check later.

Correct, the Netflix App isn't even up on the store to download in the EU.
    Also, Google ceased development on the YouTube App, so if you want to watch YouTube on this thing, you will have to open it in the web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Last night, after setting this thing up and installing the latest firmware, I opened up the ps4 system link. After a minute or so, I could see my ps4 layout on the screen. The first thing I did was try open the Netflix app. The screen went blank and told me it was blocked content :)

I tried a game then, from the ps4, worked grand for the 2 mins I was testing it.

Finally, I tried a game that I could download direct to the device. It was angry birds, and that worked perfectly.

I think it'll be much cooler when they launch PS Now in Europe, but for now, it is what it is. And that is still pretty cool :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Got one of these for Christmas off my better half, very handy for the TV in the bedroom upstairs for late night/early morning PS4 FIFA and GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

tampler wrote: »
    Correct, the Netflix App isn't even up on the store to download in the EU.

Yeah If I remember I put netflix on via the us store. And nowtv via the UK Store

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

Guys, would I be able to stream blu ray/dvd content via PS4 with one of these, i.e. ps4 playing kids disney in living, being screened on TV in kitchen. i have kitchen tv already linked to Sky in living, I don't suppose I can also use that instead of this box? Guessing the port doesn't exist at back of PS4 for that or that a converter is available to do this?

• Advertisement

mac_daddy wrote: »
    Guys, would I be able to stream blu ray/dvd content via PS4 with one of these, i.e. ps4 playing kids disney in living, being screened on TV in kitchen. i have kitchen tv already linked to Sky in living, I don't suppose I can also use that instead of this box? Guessing the port doesn't exist at back of PS4 for that or that a converter is available to do this?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Anybody used this to stream ps4 game to another screen and can confirm quality or lack of?

eioneill wrote: »
    Anybody used this to stream ps4 game to another screen and can confirm quality or lack of?

I think it all depends on your internet connection. It works flawlessly for me.

I think it all depends on your internet connection. It works flawlessly for me.

Wifi signal is what will dictate it mainly. As well the ps4 will default to a direct wifi connection, if its poor be sure to turn it off and it will use your routers wifi. You can also use network cable which is the best quality.

Games are perfectly to play, but there is a big drop in resolution (720p) when using the ps tv, its not going to be as nice looking.

Advertisement