Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Euro free from paypal for google play

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Google Play Music have an offer on at the moment, 3 months sub for €3. Theres another thread about it. I used the €3 from the voucher I got to sub for the 3 months so essentially free.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm no idea what to buy, zombies, run!! maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Plucky

Can anybody help me with the Sterling offer? The euro one worked fine but when I try to use the Sterling one, it's deducted from my PayPal card and not using the voucher. The Sterling voucher has been added to my PayPal but when I'm buying the price is still in euro so maybe this is the problem. Does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Have 3 euro and 3 pounds in my Paypal wallet now. :) they have an expiry date of 3/31

Plucky wrote: »
    Can anybody help me with the Sterling offer? The euro one worked fine but when I try to use the Sterling one, it's deducted from my PayPal card and not using the voucher. The Sterling voucher has been added to my PayPal but when I'm buying the price is still in euro so maybe this is the problem. Does anyone know?

I don't think anyone has been successful with the stg voucher....I also bought something and it didn't work. Used the €3 voucher for Google Music though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I don't think anyone has been successful with the stg voucher....I also bought something and it didn't work. Used the €3 voucher for Google Music though.

I have used the Sterling voucher. Bought Tasker with it.
    I still have 3 cent credit in my account and not a clue how I got it !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I have used the Sterling voucher. Bought Tasker with it.
    I still have 3 cent credit in my account and not a clue how I got it !!!

Don't know how it defaulted to sterling, were you on vpn or something or could it be that you had no other means of payment associated with your account so it took it from that voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

moodrater wrote: »
    Don't know how it defaulted to sterling, were you on vpn or something or could it be that you had no other means of payment associated with your account so it took it from that voucher.

I have an account that is a UK account (set it up to purchase a Nexus some time a few years ago) maybe thats why it took the sterling coupon. I still have the € coupon but don't know what to buy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I think theres only a couple of days left in the sterling voucher, was anybody without a uk account able to use it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

I think theres only a couple of days left in the sterling voucher, was anybody without a uk account able to use it?

yes just change ur address in google wallet to UK.... i used both vouchers using this method!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers OP.

Just got Limbo for free - though currently on offer for a mere 98c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Expires on the 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Moyglish

When I click the link in the OP's post it says "sorry, we're unable to display this offer at this time " did I miss the boat on this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Moyglish wrote:
    When I click the link in the OP's post it says "sorry, we're unable to display this offer at this time " did I miss the boat on this?

Yes....tomorrow is last day to use the voucher...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh oh what to buy! can you make in app purchases with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh oh what to buy! can you make in app purchases with this?
    Limbo..

But...I bought that on steam :P At that price I can hardly say no though, great game.

Changed country to UK but it didnt use voucher grr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Changed country to UK but it didnt use voucher grr

Me too! So far I have bought Automagic and an issue of Gardening Answers! :rolleyes:

Using Paypal to pay - changing (RoI) address to UK (BT11AA) on Google Wallet account didn't do jack!

Was going to get them anyway, but still have the £3 Streling showing on Paypal for Google Play purchases...

Seems a shame to waste it, but at this rate I'll be broke! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

At what stage do you get the choice to use PayPal? Tried this yesterday for a book and some apps but stopped as it didn't give me a payment choice.

• Advertisement

Got ti working, changed home address not delivery address.

Altogether bought zombies run, zombies run 5k, worms 3 and limbo for free. Awesome.

Really want this after seeing it, baldurs gate enhanced edition
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition

It didnt give me a payment choice as I had only set up paypal so that is what it used.

Now what can i buy with my remaining 15 cent :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Make sure your paypal account is linked to your google play account, you then get the choice to use your paypal account on purchase and it automatically takes the voucher from it.
    I got Broken Sword 5-2 for 99p. Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

can't get any site to work. all say unavailable. is this expired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Got ti working, changed home address not delivery address.
    It didnt give me a payment choice as I had only set up paypal so that is what it used.

So you changed your home address on Paypal? Did u just change the postcode or put in a full random address in the north?

sok2005 wrote: »
    Make sure your paypal account is linked to your google play account, you then get the choice to use your paypal account on purchase and it automatically takes the voucher from it.
    I got Broken Sword 5-2 for 99p. Delighted.

Did you have to change ur address, as above, or did it automatically just take it out for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

The_B_Man wrote: »
    So you changed your home address on Paypal? Did u just change the postcode or put in a full random address in the north?

Did you have to change ur address, as above, or did it automatically just take it out for you?

I changed my address on my Google Play account to a UK address with a UK postcode, that's all, then I chose Paypal as my payment method.

The_B_Man wrote: »

Changed google play wallet address to a fake UK one, you klnow it is working because before the final confirmation the price changes to sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

I changed both my home and billing address to a UK one (in google wallet) but it didn't use the voucher, even though the price changed to sterling before the final confirmation.. :(

Do we need to change the address in Paypal too?

re do it, that sounds like some glitch. Do you have the voucher ticked in your paypal wallet to use at next valid purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Yes, it was ticked to be used automatically at next purchase.

Will try again with another application just to see...if it doesn't work I will ask again for a refund..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Considering Torque pro or Flightradar24 with my €3. They are both about €3.50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Changed google play wallet address to a fake UK one, you klnow it is working because before the final confirmation the price changes to sterling.

Google disabled my account for fraud in 2013 for changing the address and using a vpn to get some uk only apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

moodrater wrote: »
    Google disabled my account for fraud in 2013 for changing the address and using a vpn to get some uk only apps.
    Doesn't seem worth it to risk that. I got the £3 and €3 vouchers, but when I attempted to use one to make a purchase in Google Play it defaulted to USD and took it out of my PayPal dollar balance. I use a US address with my PayPal account and have both dollar and euro balances in there. Others have suggested changing the address to a UK address, but I don't want to foul up my PayPal account for the sake of £3.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Did you have to do the same for the German one or did that work off the bat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Did you have to do the same for the German one or did that work off the bat?
    No need, Irish wallet will work, just make sure to choose paypal account that has the credit as payment method

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

For those who want to make the most out of their €3 --> https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/188586

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

No need, Irish wallet will work, just make sure to choose paypal account that has the credit as payment method

Not working for me. I wonder if it's because I've the currency set to be in USD. I think it was in Google Wallet I did that but not sure. I'll try again this evening when I'm home from work and can change these things around. Can't see anything I need but I'm eyeing up ePSXe for €2.99.

Sounds like a currency issue yeah. ePSXe looks class, PS games on my android, get in!

I got townsmen premium for 15 cent, thanks chavezychavez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Damn, all those games for 15c and all I got left is 11c.

Advertisement