Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies talkng about themselves, all the time!

Options
  • 22-05-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Recently back on the dating scene after a long relationship. Had a couple of short relationships with a number of girls, and the one thing that struck me is the huge amount of time they spend talking about themselves, or their dog, or mother or friends or colleagues. It's like they just need an audience and not a boyfriend. Is this just my experience? Is it something i need to get used to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Yep and they wont listen to you either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

And when they're wrong they won't admit it or speak to you until you pretend they're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

People talk about what they know, especially when they're nervous OP. What are you giving them to work with. In my experience d'ladies love a lively conversation that two people are a part of. Are you the common denominator here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Are you asking the right questions? Or maybe you're asking too many questions? Maybe you should try to carry the conversation the next time you're with a female and then gauge her reactions to the topics that you bring up. If she's a willing contributor to your chosen topic of conversations and doesn't try to navigate the conversation back to her own life then you know you're doing the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

mal1 wrote: »
    Recently back on the dating scene after a long relationship. Had a couple of short relationships with a number of girls, and the one thing that struck me is the huge amount of time they spend talking about themselves, or their dog, or mother or friends or colleagues. It's like they just need an audience and not a boyfriend. Is this just my experience? Is it something i need to get used to?

From the Charter for the forum:
    There is an expected standard of effort when posting in this forum.
    Lazy generalizations fall below this standard.
    Comments regarding personality traits which begin with words like "women just want to" or "all men are" are never true, and never serve any purpose except to inflame other users who feel the need to post to object to them them.

Therefore, they will be regarded as flaming (posting a intentionally provocative post with the deliberate intention of bringing the thread off-topic) and users may be banned or infracted at the mods discretion.

The mods will not be under any obligation to give any further warnings before enforcing this, or any charter rules.

It is your responsibility to make yourselves aware of the rules of posting here

Ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as an excuse

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement