Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sentimental Valentines Gifts!

Options
  • 10-02-2013 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

The day before Valentines day is me and my girlfriends One Year Anniversary. Im 17 in Leaving Cert and she is 18 in my same year. So we came to an agreement that we are both poor and the budget is 20 yoyos and it preferably is sentimental. By sentimental it can be like a notebook that I write memories in. Thats the premise. I already got white canvas shoes and wrote all our favorite song quotes on it for our Christmas special. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks. I'll help you too.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Not very sentimental if you have to get strangers on the internet to think of it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

Im asking ye for the base of the project

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

My gf once bought a cheap-ish old sweet jar and inside had lots of little bits of paper rolled up in scrolls. On each was a specific thing she liked/ loved about me. I still have it, 6 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭janeo80

Get some photos of ye printed and put them together in a collage thing or an album or something? And a mix cd of your favourite songs? And a single rose and a handful of chocs from Butlers or something! Or something wackier like a mug or a tshirt printed with a meaningful quote/picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The updated version of the mixtape - usb made to look like an old cassette - put some favourite songs (of both of yours) on this - boom sorted!

http://www.amazon.com/Mix-Tape-1GB-Memory-Stick/dp/B000ZZI9HQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭janeo80

He's only 17, probably never had tapes :'( but that is super cute!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Think of something she likes, either;

-Something she rarely mentions
    -Something she constantly mentions but hardly has a chance for it

Get one of'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Make her a scrap book. Print a few photos and stick them in. Leave plenty space so it looks like you want to stick around long enough to fill the book with memories. Cheap as chips and the missus will be a happy camper. Sorted :)

Advertisement