Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Nurses and VAD's WW1

Options
  • 27-08-2016 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am interested in making contact with family of Irish Nurses or Voluntary Aid Detachment personnel that served in WW1. My own background is Nursing and I and another nurse colleague are hoping to set up a forum here in the North for Nurses like ourselves interested in this period of history. Would be very happy to liaise with nurses from all over Ireland with the view to a joint programme. I would be sincerely grateful that if you should know of anyone perhaps you might get in touch. It would be an honour and privilege to speak to relatives should the opportunity arise. This was a dedicated and hardworking work force who should be given the recognition they deserve for the part they played in bringing care and comfort to so many. Thanks very much folks. Heather

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thedocker

Have you by any chance come across any information relating to Irish religious nurses who tended the wounded in WW1? I am trying to collect information on the Irish born Bons Secours nurses in WW1 and WW2. I think most of them would have tended wounded French and Belgian soldiers. Any information much appreciated regarding useful websites etc. I also have a small bit of information on 3 Bons Secours nurses if you are interested.

Advertisement