Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro-Cathedral records after 1900

Options
  • 16-08-2016 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

The Pro-Cathedral records on irishgenealogy.ie have been very useful to me as one part of the family lived near there from 1890 to around 1940. I got lots of useful information up to 1900 - however, the site only has up to roughly 1900

http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/parishes/Dublin%20(RC).pdf

Does anyone know how I'd get to see later records? Are they computerised anywhere?

P.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Nope. 1880 is the usual cut-off point and a very few go to 1900. They only microfilmed to that point to protect privacy (this was in the 1950s).

Rootsireland is the only place that has early 20th century records and they don't cover Dublin city.

You'd have to go to the Pro-Cathedral themselves or possibly the Diocesan archives.

I was trying to get hold of a Catholic marriage cert from 1922 in Limerick for a client and I had to prove that the people in the marriage were dead before they'd give it to me. I actually only had one death cert but common sense prevailed.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

pinkypinky wrote: »
    You'd have to go to the Pro-Cathedral themselves or possibly the Diocesan archives.

Thanks; I'll give them a ring and see if I have any luck!

P.

Advertisement