Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Family Friendly Restaurant - Where to eat with kids

Options
  • 14-03-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I’m looking for somewhere good to eat with the kids (6 & 3) in the Blanch area that is not fast food. Have tried the Carpenter and it was pretty good but would like a few other suggestions – particularly places where you are not eating amongst a pub crowd. Preferably kids meals around a fiver and not just chips etc. on the kids menu.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Not exactly Dublin 15 but La Bucca in Rathoath is pretty good to eat and caters for kids quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Castelo Bruno in Castleknock village is very kid friendly, worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Good value, kid friendly and not just chips? Dante's in the Blanch centre, opposite the Blue entrance.

Pasta and pizza options for the children and they will get pictures to colour and crayons while waiting on food too. Its a nice relaxed atmosphere and my 5 & 6 yo daughters prefer it to all other places in the area. I can't say enough about how lovely the regular hostess is in there, she recognises my girls and is so very lovely to them every time we visit (and its really not all that often!) she's flexible about their orders, things like wanting their meatballs on the side and not on the pasta, and the children always feel welcome and comfortable as a result. Also, she's discrete when it comes to asking about things like deserts for the kids, and asks me quietly first, which I always appreciate. Certainly my older pair always prefer to go there for 'family date night' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Milanos Pizza and Wagamamas in Blanch Centre are great for our 3 and 6 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Maxamillians in the superquinn centre in the village. Does a nice set lunch and early bird. Always see kids there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

KGLady wrote: »
    Good value, kid friendly and not just chips? Dante's in the Blanch centre, opposite the Blue entrance.

It might be great for kids, but I can honestly say that when I ate there it was one of the worst meals I've ever had in a restaurant. For a place that's supposed to be a pizza restaurant, being handed something that the base was similar to the sort you get when you have a pizza made at the deli counter in a supermarket is not acceptable. It was basically bad fast food dressed up as a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Zaph wrote: »
    It might be great for kids, but I can honestly say that when I ate there it was one of the worst meals I've ever had in a restaurant. For a place that's supposed to be a pizza restaurant, being handed something that the base was similar to the sort you get when you have a pizza made at the deli counter in a supermarket is not acceptable. It was basically bad fast food dressed up as a restaurant.

I haven't had pizza there so I really can't comment, myself and the kids usually go for a pasta option. I still maintain that its good value, and honestly I don't expect award winning food at those prices. The children love it and its not sausages/nugget and chips, so imo it still ticks the boxes as reasonable priced place to take the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

Maxamillians in the superquinn centre in the village. Does a nice set lunch and early bird. Always see kids there.

yep i can confirm
    daymobrew wrote: »
    Wagamamas in Blanch Centre are great for our 3 and 6 year olds.

nothing in offer what kids can eat, it's my opinion.
    KGLady wrote: »

I was over there one time, they sit us on last table in corner/corridor. Other place on front was free. Strange politics, i never come back. Anyway food was chip but nuggets and chips for kids not great.

Captain America is good, you need only book first by phone in other way you may need a longer while before they find table for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Kids under ten eat free on Sunday lunchtimes in Maximillians in the Superquinn sc http://www.maximiliansbistro.ie/sunday-lunch-menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

TGI fridays is really nice, and always lots of kids there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

(Wagamamas) nothing in offer what kids can eat, it's my opinion.
    We order grilled chicken noodle from the kids menu. Noodles with grilled chicken breast. One of the kids loves chu chee chicken curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Out side of D15, but The donkey barn, New barn farm ashbourne is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

Hop on the train.
    Get off in Drumcondra.
    Into the Independent Pizza.
    Job done!

Outside the area again, but the kids love this place

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

The Anglers Rest do lovely food - same prices as Captain America's or TGI's but far better...lovely setting and a great kids menu - mine love the bolognaise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will definitely try out several of the suggestions. New barn farm sure looks interesting as does the Sunday deal in Maxamillians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

oblivious wrote: »
    Out side of D15, but The donkey barn, New barn farm ashbourne is very good

Thanks for the tip, we tried New barn farm on Saturday and we were all impressed - the kids loved it and the food was great with good friendly service. Not too many animals on the farm but its free and the kids got a kick out of feeding the donkeys. Worth the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

Hard to believe, but the Crown Plaza in the Centre has an excellent Italian restaurant.

Given a rave review here by viewed her by Paolo Tullio

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/food-drink/top-marx-for-authentic-italian-29672985.html

A friend of mine was there with his young children last week. The children help the chef to make their own pizza. He also had nothing but praise for the restaurant.

I'll definitely try it myself.

Here's the link to the restaurant.

http://www.cpireland.crowneplaza.com/crowne-plaza-dublin-blanchardstown/dining/forchetta-restaurant/

Advertisement