Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating system questions

Options
  • 17-07-2013 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Please bear with me , I have questions on my Central Heating/Solar Panel system
    I have a Cordivari Eco-Kombi 2 tank in my garage which is described as a Multi Heat Energy Buffer Eco Combi 2 with 1 Fix Coils and Stainless Steel 316L D.H.W Corrugated Pipe.
    I would like to understand exactly how it works and have the following questions.
    I believe there is two coils in it -
    1)Solar at the bottom which pumps glycol around it via the panels on the roof. This heated glycol pipe then heats the water that is around it in the tank.This water is then pumped out the top for DHW.Is this the case?.
    2)The second coil (higher up) is connected to the boiler. The water in the radiators is a closed circuit.( I have a well and everything is pumped). Am I right in saying that when i switch on the central heating , circulation pumps start the water within the central heating loop pumping around the house through the tank. The water in this loop is then heated on its way through the tank by the water that has been heated by the coil connected to the boiler.Therefore, heating is being transferred from coil to water to centrel heating coil. So the only work the boiler is doing is keeping the water in the tank heated to 70/80 degrees?
    3)There is other connections on my tank as it is multi energy. If it were the case that I connected a heat pump as well or someother source, i presume that this would connect directly into the higher coil as well and it would supplement the boilers work. ie the higher loop has now a boiler and pump connected to it.
    4)The cold feed comes in at the bottom and the hot water for shower etc leaves at the top. Is this a continuous pipe up through the tank that gets heated through heat transfer from the water around it also?

Attached is the spec...see Eco Combi 2...

Thanking you in advance..

Comments

Advertisement