Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aquarius [ NBC ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

wierd seems to be more about Duchovny being a hearthrob then the Manson family

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hope it goes well for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,595 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hope it goes well for him.

He has The X Files again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I know. :) I meant for diversity in his career away from XF.

• Advertisement

I think people are slightly jumping the gun here, Network TV is evolving and it was only a matter of time before the major players tried something new. This could be a huge win for time and could be a tantalizing look at how TV will operate in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

mafaa wrote: »

the perfect schadenfreudist richard headline

not a fan of the all eps dump, but atleast people are getting access to all the eps, rather then disappearing or later in the year burn off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts tonight Stateside.

All 12 episodes are out on Hulu so I'd guess they are out everywhere now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Hold on now, so has it been cancelled??

Watched the first episode it seems ok I'll give it a few more to see will it find it's feet.

One thing I will say is it has an awesome soundtrack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Hold on now, so has it been cancelled??
    No, it's an "event series", which like "limited series" or other buzzwords American networks are using, it could've always meant just one season and done. But of course, if the ratings are fantastic they'll find a way to do more.

The uploading the whole season to Hulu is just NBC trying something new, aka copying Netflix's format.

No, it's an "event series", which like "limited series" or other buzzwords American networks are using, it could've always meant just one season and done. But of course, if the ratings are fantastic they'll find a way to do more.

The uploading the whole season to Hulu is just NBC trying something new, aka copying Netflix's format.

Good because i really enjoyed the first 2 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Good because i really enjoyed the first 2 episodes

Me too, I'm enjoying the music a lot of how it's a kind of a Charlie Manson origin story with some dirty politics thrown in the mix.

Liked the first episode - music rights must have cost a fortune. :pac: Keen to know more about Manson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've only watched the first two episodes, but have the rest lined up and ready to go over the next few days. So far, so good.

Has a real Cable feel about and I read that there'll be 2 versions of every episode released at some point - The NBC safe for network TV version which is already out there and then later on there'll also be an NC-17 version with swearing and nudity... Cost an extra $12,000 per episode to do the two different versions, which in the grand scheme isn't much and will presumably draw more people in in the long run. The creators have plans for future seasons, so hopefully if NBC decide not to bring it back, someone else will pick it up, because I think it will get the critical acclaim and a solid fanbase once word gets around.

I've only watched the first two episodes, but have the rest lined up and ready to go over the next few days. So far, so good.

Has a real Cable feel about and I read that there'll be 2 versions of every episode released at some point - The NBC safe for network TV version which is already out there and then later on there'll also be an NC-17 version with swearing and nudity... Cost an extra $12,000 per episode to do the two different versions, which in the grand scheme isn't much and will presumably draw more people in in the long run. The creators have plans for future seasons, so hopefully if NBC decide not to bring it back, someone else will pick it up, because I think it will get the critical acclaim and a solid fanbase once word gets around.

Supposedly the more adult episodes are already streaming in a few places, Australia has been mentioned as one where they have them streaming. I'm surprised that Hulu hasn't got the option for broadcast version and alternative cuts. They're generally really good about that sort of thing and give you the option to watch alternate and/or extended cuts of shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

The NBC safe for network TV version which is already out there and then later on there'll also be an NC-17 version with swearing and nudity
    An NC-17 version of a TV show? I think you mean TV-MA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

An NC-17 version of a TV show? I think you mean TV-MA.

I'm just using the words, both the producers and David Duchovny himself used. Whatever it's called. I don't pay much attention to those things when they pop up in the corner of the screen.

I just finished this and if its cancelled i'll be p***ed

Starts on Tuesday August 11th at 9pm on Sky Atlantic

Season 2 starts on Thursday night in the States with a double episode.

Returns on Sky Atlantic on Friday September 16th at 9pm with a double-bill

Advertisement