Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toilet replacement

Options
  • 19-07-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have to get a toilet replaced in Dublin 4. The seat is broken and seats for that toilet are not available. I have to replace the whole toilet. Where do I start to get a good plumber to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paddy27

What would be the steps to take and what are good reliable plumbers in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

it seems a bit strange to have to change the toilet if it's only the seat that's broken, can you put a pic up?

gifted wrote: »
    it seems a bit strange to have to change the toilet if it's only the seat that's broken, can you put a pic up?

I'm afraid I can't anytime soon, but it's an old toilet and they don't make seats for it. That's what the plumber a while ago said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

paddy27 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I can't anytime soon, but it's an old toilet and they don't make seats for it. That's what the plumber a while ago said.

That doesen't sound normal. Pic's please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

scudo2 wrote: »
    That doesen't sound normal. Pic's please.

He could be right Scudo, I have come across a few odd shaped pans with their odd shaped seats that are discontinued and there is nothing that will fit without looking dire.
    Paddy if looks dont bother you I am sure there is something to "do the job" for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is 2 different toilets on the market, close couple where the cistern sits on the pan and low level where the cistern has a pipe connecting it to the pan( there is also high level but these are rare so we will focus on the 2 most important)

Any way most seats fit them all in some shape or another. The only time they don't is if the pan was designed with features to make it unique like for example a square seat.

You will need to know what toilet ou have to determine buying another. You can buy cloe couple in b&qireland for 100 euro and low level for about 120

However all that said. Pictures tell a lot. I would be surprised if you cannot get a seat. But then again I have been surprised in the past,

K.Flyer wrote: »
    He could be right Scudo, I have come across a few odd shaped pans with their odd shaped seats that are discontinued and there is nothing that will fit without looking dire.
    Paddy if looks dont bother you I am sure there is something to "do the job" for now.

Looks do bother me, it's held together by tape at the moment.

As far as I've heard it's the 'fittings' or something that were old and that's why a new seat couldn't be put onto it. Two other people brought the seat to different shops around the city and were told this.
    There is 2 different toilets on the market, close couple where the cistern sits on the pan and low level where the cistern has a pipe connecting it to the pan( there is also high level but these are rare so we will focus on the 2 most important)

Any way most seats fit them all in some shape or another. The only time they don't is if the pan was designed with features to make it unique like for example a square seat.

You will need to know what toilet ou have to determine buying another. You can buy cloe couple in b&qireland for 100 euro and low level for about 120

However all that said. Pictures tell a lot. I would be surprised if you cannot get a seat. But then again I have been surprised in the past,
    I don't understand any of that but no, it's not a square seat it's a regular shaped seat.

Advertisement