Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MIRA Elite ST shower

• 19-07-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

The water supply to my Mira Elite ST shower stopped while taking shower (supply tank ran dry unknown to me). Immediately turned off shower. When supply was restored, the shower motor runs (I have it set to cold) but no water comes out. What's happened?:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

The water supply to my Mira Elite ST shower stopped while taking shower (supply tank ran dry unknown to me). Immediately turned off shower. When supply was restored, the shower motor runs (I have it set to cold) but no water comes out. What's happened?:eek:
    Turn to cold, take off shower head and blow hard back up hose, and release. This sometimes clears air lock. If no joy call plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 whaddyaknow

Tnx for suggestion Scudo2, tried it but no luck. How come the pump in the shower unit doesn't just draw the water supply along on the system to clear the air lock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Tnx for suggestion Scudo2, tried it but no luck. How come the pump in the shower unit doesn't just draw the water supply along on the system to clear the air lock?

Remove the handpiece/ head from the hose, leave the hose dangeling into the shower tray and turn it on, it will clear its self, it will be a little bit noisey to start but it will clear its self.
    Btw blowing into a shower to clear an airlock is a nonence and couldnt work! You are blowing against a solenoid valve which is one way and closed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Remove the handpiece/ head from the hose, leave the hose dangeling into the shower tray and turn it on, it will clear its self, it will be a little bit noisey to start but it will clear its self.
    Btw blowing into a shower to clear an airlock is a nonence and couldnt work! You are blowing against a solenoid valve which is one way and closed !

Silenoide valve is open when shower is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

scudo2 wrote: »
    Silenoide valve is open when shower is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 whaddyaknow

Tnx Liffey Fishing. I let motor run for a few more mins and, Hey presto! :)

Tnx Scudo2 for helping also! :)

Now for that lovely cool shower!

Advertisement