Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

jmayo wrote: »

He should be got rid of anyway.

People were saying the same about Eboue but we could have done with him this season. He would have been a regular.

As to Arshavin, letting him go without a good replacement would be madness. He's been poor but he's at least looked interested recently. A couple of assists too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

greendom wrote: »
    People were saying the same about Eboue but we could have done with him this season. He would have been a regular.

As to Arshavin, letting him go without a good replacement would be madness. He's been poor but he's at least looked interested recently. A couple of assists too.
    I think Eboue was split 50-50, half wanted him to go, half wanted him to stay. Arshavin meanwhile is more like 80-20 in favour of him going. The Arsenal way is to try and replace the player after he leaves, not before. Look at Nasri, it wasnt a secret that he wanted to go but we didnt really look for a replacement of any kind until he went. So long as he is here, we probably wont be looking for a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

So just found out that Taiwo wants to leave AC Milan this transfer window, if Wenger has any sense he will get him. He is a decent defender, as fast as clichy and as strong as samba while being able to play as a full back but can fill in at cb too. One of few powerful players that has massive pace! Suits our defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

djan wrote: »
    So just found out that Taiwo wants to leave AC Milan this transfer window, if Wenger has any sense he will get him. He is a decent defender, as fast as clichy and as strong as samba while being able to play as a full back but can fill in at cb too. One of few powerful players that has massive pace! Suits our defence.

He's off to QPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I really hope at this stage wenger is going to pull something out of the bag with a signing or two that are badly needed. We still have over a week I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Found this an interesting read, hope it works trying to do this off the phone :o.

http:/ http://angryofislington.com/2012/01/19/arsenals-finances-the-plain-truth/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

He's off to QPR.

Well if wenger cant see a good cheap signing then he shouldn't be manager, really want to see who he is going to get to play the full back positions, gibbs at this stage is gone so we have santos, sagna (and maybe jenkinson) this is not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

djan wrote: »
    Well if wenger cant see a good cheap signing then he shouldn't be manager, really want to see who he is going to get to play the full back positions, gibbs at this stage is gone so we have santos, sagna (and maybe jenkinson) this is not good enough.

Rumours that Kia is representing him so if that is true arsenal probably never had a hope even if they were interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

Gervinho's wiki page:

"Gervinho was born in oldham.[2]He began his career in the famed Fc Halifax youth academy, where he spent five years. At Fc Halifax, he was given the Brazilian style nickname "Gervinho", derived from his first name Gervais." :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

last week it was saying angel di maria spent his youth career at crewe alexandria, then made his first team debut with them & played for another shít english club before going to real :D

• Advertisement

Gervinho's wiki page:

look what it says at the top
    Gervais Yao Kouassi (born 27 May 1987) is an Ivorian footballer who plays as a forward or as a winger for English Premier League club Arsenal. He is known for his pace, skill, poor final ball, and large forehead.
    :pac::pac::pac:

that stuff about dein's a load of crap regarding why he left, he wanted Usmanov to take over as he probably knew the importance of having someone with ££££ at the club & even though he's right that dein didn't spot the talent it's widely known/accepted that he made them happen, forced wenger sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

batistuta9 wrote: »

that stuff about dein's a load of crap regarding why he left, he wanted Usmanov to take over as he probably knew the importance of having someone with ££££ at the club & even though he's right that dein didn't spot the talent it's widely known/accepted that he made them happen, forced wenger sometimes

Usmanov is a crook so I'm glad he didn't take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

JamieDalton82 Jamie Dalton
    Bit of chat in the local Italian media about Arsenal being interested in Brescia's Belgian left-back Omar El Kaddouri. €5m fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Maybe this is how we get rid of Arshavin and Chamakh :p

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Didn't work with cygan that time, but maybe times have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

So with all the injuries we have we're putting out a similar team to the team that was beat 8-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

So with all the injuries we have we're putting out a similar team to the team that was beat 8-2

To shreds you say...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yep, but United aren't half as good now as they were then.

So we'll lose 4-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

amiable wrote: »
    Bit of chat in the local Italian media about Arsenal being interested in Brescia's Belgian left-back Omar El Kaddouri. €5m fee

Left back? We'll take him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

The thing that pisses me off the most is that we lost to Fulham and Swansea Un January. Yes our squad is severely depleted, but the bloody window is open, so we could have strengthened! If we do buy anyone, it'll be last minute and don't expect them to have any impact. The only hope we have of retaining our top 4 place is through players returning from injury. I'm not going to hold my breath anyway!

L'prof wrote: »
    The only hope we have of retaining our top 4 place is through players returning from injury. I'm not going to hold my breath anyway!

Especially when you consider we seem to lose more players on average to injury per week than we have returning.
    I heard Henry is injured now too...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Unlike in the 8-2, we'll have Song and Per in the team which makes a big difference. Will still probably lose though.

Frimpong enjoying his spell at Wolves:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/frimpong-i-m-loving-wolves-loan-spell
    He strikes me as being a very jovial lad off the pitch.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Left back? We'll take him!

He'll play up front with van Persie :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

401667_305625926155980_168174886567752_937477_1012830088_n.jpg

Usmanov is a crook so I'm glad he didn't take over.

what way is he a crook? is it the case he was pardoned in you mean or something else.

I say that if he had taken over you'd also been glad if trophies were won

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Have a google, it's not hard to find out more. He's rotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Galvasean wrote: »
    Frimpong enjoying his spell at Wolves:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/frimpong-i-m-loving-wolves-loan-spell
    He strikes me as being a very jovial lad off the pitch.

It also appears the wolves fans have really taken to him aswell very quickly hes a player who entuasiasm onthe pitch is hard not to admire.

frimpong_12_682x40_1439918a.jpg

• Advertisement

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-i-ll-assess-left-back-options-after-sunday-

Not exactly filling me with confidance about any potential signings. Sounds like he hasent even really been looking yet (Im sure the scouts have, but I mean Wenger himself). If we make any signings I can see it being January 31st at about 11:30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I really hope we don't lose on Sunday... The confidence blow could be detrimental.

At home and against the wall I hope we show some bottle and show we have grown as a team since that 8-2 defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Proper Gooner.Get him back.
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/297021

Not good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Good read, but a little depressing. The Spurs way seems to be paying off at the moment

• Advertisement

Not good enough

pity he didn't go back on loan to norwich this year, anyone know why did lambert not want him or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,207 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That's the sign of a manager who knows that we are in serious trouble but is so intent in backing the Board that he has lost sight of his managerial duties and has let the team go backwards. He does not think we will beat Utd and he is getting his excuses ready by blaming injuries and not bothering to try and fix our problems. Never in a million years would George Graham have stood for that kind of conduct.

there a list of injured players(updated yesterday, apart from diaby he's retired now :D) & a video of the new medical centre at the training ground on the website link

henry - test sat. & vermalen - looks short, maybe a test
    arteta & coquelin both out, should be ready for villa
    gibbs & sagna - 2/3 weeks,
    jenkinson & wilshere - both running, a few weeks
    santos - 2 months
    diaby - ?

with everyone above out then i'd say the strongest team is the one that started against swansea, except rosicky replacing benayoun
    I'd take a draw now, can't afford to get beat

Hopefully there are none of the usual setbacks. Vermaelen and Sagna in particular are badly missed. Arteta isnt as bad but still noticible. If we get Wilshere back for the run in that should be a big bonus as it would give Ramsey the kick up the arse he needs.

Any word on Rosicky? I'd be very tempted to play him and Benayoun with Song in the middle on Sunday. Leave Ramsey on the bench.

he's not listed as injured on the page i linked so he must be fit

rosicky & benayoun can 'put it about a bit' when they want so mightn't be a bad option, as i think united could destroy that defence so winning it in the middle might be a bit more important than usual on sun. but i'd say he'll go with ramsey for a bit more 'creativity'

they only conceded 6 at home this season in the league(10 games) though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Someone posted recently saying somewhere was selling Arsenal jerseys for 30 euro, can't find the post though, can anyone help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

I had a dream last night that I was arguing with a mate whether we should play Bergkamp or Chamakh behind RVP against Utd.

:( I miss him...

I had a dream last night that I was arguing with a mate whether we should play Bergkamp or Chamakh behind RVP against Utd.

:( I miss him...

Don't worry, he'll be back in a month!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sounds like that "You've been Frimponged" sign is probably getting another run-out. :pac:

EDIT: Got it the wrong way round, herp de derp!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

from bbc...

1716: News on on-loan Wolves midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong, who you might remember was stretchered off after being accidentally kicked in the head at Molineux today. The Arsenal man has been taken to hospital with what are described as "serious facial injuries". Fingers crossed he makes a swift recovery.

Looks like he's fractured a cheek bone and is out for 3 months... Even the players on loan can't avoid getting injured

With Chelsea drawing 0-0 it really is a shame we're missing so many players. We'd be well clear if we had kept the likes of Wilshere and Sagna fit. The missing full backs have cost us a fair few points and the sooner they are back, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,207 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    With Chelsea drawing 0-0 it really is a shame we're missing so many players. We'd be well clear if we had kept the likes of Wilshere and Sagna fit. The missing full backs have cost us a fair few points and the sooner they are back, the better.

Lack of good cover is the cause. Nearly every team has a good first 11. Not having good cover is a managerial responsibility or a board one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Lack of good cover is the cause. Nearly every team has a good first 11. Not having good cover is a managerial responsibility or a board one.

We have some good cover, just they're injured too. You can't expect a team to have 3 high quality right and left backs. Central defence is well covered to but no one could have foresaw the kind of injuries we've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

jaykay74 wrote: »
    from bbc...

1716: News on on-loan Wolves midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong, who you might remember was stretchered off after being accidentally kicked in the head at Molineux today. The Arsenal man has been taken to hospital with what are described as "serious facial injuries". Fingers crossed he makes a swift recovery.

https://twitter.com/#!/Frimpong26AFC/status/160792130783162369

"You lot should stop caring about me I hope petrov foot is on after hitting A metal face:)" lol gotta love the kid! & hope it's not that bad an injury of course!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement