Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Am I entitled to anything?

Options
  • 16-07-2015 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

I was working for a big bank in south east in a full time role. There were some problems and my probation period was extended by 3 months. 2 months into the probation extension, I was called in by hr on 19th june and let go. I was paid up til 25th June which is payday. The probation extension was until the 25th of July, so I had budgeted myself to that date and figured that would be d day if I was being let go.

Am I entitled to be paid up until the 25th of July because that was then end of the probation period?
    It doesn't seem right that I only got notice and let go. If I had asked to leave, they would have asked me to do a months notice or told me my terms etc...

What is a company entitled to pay you on cessation?
    Thanks

John

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You have no right to get paid until 25th of July nor do you have any rights for redundancy payments etc. as you've not been in the position for the minimum 2 years. The only thing you have the right to is the agreed contractual notice period which most likely is a week (as that would match with the one week's pay you got) and the holiday allowance (i.e. the holidays you've not been able to take on a pro rata basis so for a basic 20 days a year 1.66 days a month you worked).

Advertisement