Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Leinster SFC Semi Final:

Dublin 0-26 Kildare 0-11 (FT)

Couple of great goal chances went astray which might have made it more of a contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Kildare manager Cian O’Neill has expressed disappointment with how his comments were interpreted in the media before his side's heavy Leinster SFC semi-final to Dublin this afternoon.

O'Neill was quoted after last Sunday's quarter-final replay win over Longford as saying "we are going to win that match", but claims his comments were taken out of context.

“You have to go into every match believing you can win. It doesn’t matter who it is. The nature of the game of football is that in any one day if you perform to your best you are in with a shot,” he said.

"(What I said) was portrayed totally differently.

“It’s moving away from the game here, but I was very disappointed with that. I hear often, time and time again, how the media struggle for access to managers and players. I think that is a perfect example why that access has been withdrawn and pulled back over the years.

“The question was 'Now you have progressed to next week, are you going to Croke Park to take the defeat and then get ready for the qualifiers or are you going to try and win the match?’ And I said: we are going to beat Dublin, we are going up to beat Dublin, we are not going with any kind of inferiority complex.

“But the question wasn’t referenced and obviously the rest of my answer wasn’t referenced. That’s disappointing.”

He added: “It was sly. It was devious. I suppose there was an element of instant gratification in it to try and get a headline. I am sure it did. What do you do? I try to be honest when I answer questions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Antrim v Kildare 3pm Saturday 22nd June Corrigan Park

Capacity supposedly 2,200

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

paulie21 wrote: »
    Antrim v Kildare 3pm Saturday 22nd June Corrigan Park

Capacity supposedly 2,200

Corrigan Park is a GAA ground on the Whiterock Road in West Belfast that served as the main venue for Gaelic Games in Belfast until the opening of Casement Park in 1953. It is named in honour of Sean Corrigan, mentor of the Brian Óg club who were Antrim’s first hurling champions. It is designated as a ground with a capacity of 5,000 by Belfast City Council.[1]

Edit

Now reading this.

Corrigan Park holds a maximum of 2,600 people on match-day, including players, stewards and media, and this may not be enough for the qualifier game slated to take place at 3pm on Saturday, 22 June.

In all likelihood a safety inspection will reduce the capacity to 2,000, meaning that the game will be all-ticket. Croke Park will then have to make a decision on the venue, which is likely to be taken by Wednesday afternoon.

Is there no forward planning in the GAA at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

There'll only be a few hundred there anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Whiterock or nowhere lads :p

The minor hurlers performed very creditably against Kilkenny on Saturday great to see the strides being made in underage hurling in the county in marked contrast to the farce where an All-Ireland winning manager in underage football was allowed to go manage a club team instead of being kept on with underage footballers.

Minors beat Laois 0-12 to 1-6 to reach another Leinster final 6th out of last 7.

Senior team to face Antrim:

M Donnellan
    M Dempsey
    M O’Grady
    P Kelly
    C O’Donoghue
    E Doyle
    D Hyland
    K Feely
    F Conway
    D Slattery
    C Healy
    K Cribbin
    A Tyrell
    B McCormack
    N Flynn

Good day at the office and in the hat again on Monday morning. Hopefully the junior footballers can make it 3 out of 3 this weekend.

• Advertisement

Juniors fall short in their pursuit of two in a row. It would be no surprise if Jack Robinson gets called up to the senior panel off the back of his display today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tyrone at home, not a great draw but at least it's at home. I think we will give it a good go and have a decent chance.

Johner wrote: »
    Tyrone at home, not a great draw but at least it's at home. I think we will give it a good go and have a decent chance.

5pm Saturday

paulie21 wrote: »
    5pm Saturday

Live on Sky as well. Similar game to last year at this stage, underdogs at home to a division one side. Let's hope for a similar outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Will it be a sell out lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

redarmy wrote: »
    Will it be a sell out lads?

I'd hope we would be able to sell out Conleth's Park for this, although Tyrone won't have the same travelling support that Mayo had last year. Got 2 tickets yesterday & tickets still available on the GAA site this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Any chance Daniel Flynn could be coaxed back for it? I think you have a good chance of beating Tyrone anyway but he is a serious talent to have sitting in the stands.

Is there a reason for him sitting out this year?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Newbridge will be busy, with the Derby on too. It'll sell out alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Felexicon wrote: »
    Any chance Daniel Flynn could be coaxed back for it? I think you have a good chance of beating Tyrone anyway but he is a serious talent to have sitting in the stands.

Is there a reason for him sitting out this year?

He's doing a masters in Maynooth I think, didn't think he could commit to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

2ndcoming wrote: »
    He's doing a masters in Maynooth I think, didn't think he could commit to both.

Remember seeing he wanted to take a break to go travelling too but is back in the country now, either way don't think he's around for selection this year anyway. Hopefully will have him back next year as he'd walk into the team- and most other teams in the country

• Advertisement

D-LIr1sXsAA0U6E?format=png&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I can’t make the match today, does anyone know if it is on the TV and if so what channel?

I can’t make the match today, does anyone know if it is on the TV and if so what channel?

Sky Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

And if a fella happens to be in SE ASIA with no access to an Irish bar - anyone have a link that will be able to stream the sky sports? PM me if you can help me out!

Thanks in advance

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Stream keeps dropping for me. How's the game going?

Never felt like we were in it in truth and Tyrone had us at arms length.

You can't win a game being so bad on both teams kick outs, that was truly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Johner wrote: »
    Never felt like we were in it in truth and Tyrone had us at arms length.

You can't win a game being so bad on both teams kick outs, that was truly awful.

Mayo did! Cluxton has brought the game to a mess (i jest).

Flat performance to wrap up a fairly forgettable year. We are a distance off the top teams at the moment. Time to take stock and try to get everyone on board again when next year rolls around. We'll need our best players on the field to have any hope of closing the gap.

Yeah we were absolutely miles behind Tyrone in terms of coaching tactics fitness desire etc men against boys with the notable exceptions of Feely and Conway who were immense from start to finish. A new management team desperately needed for next year and hopefully full buy in from all our best players.

• Advertisement

Advertisement