Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oxendales-Constant calls

Options
  • 18-04-2014 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I ordered an Oxendales catalogue a month ago and haven't really had time to look through it.
    However, they are ringing me every single day wanting to know if I've looked through it and letting me know there's 10% off my first order.

Am I obliged to make an order or something?
    What's with the harassing phone calls?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Tell them to put you on the do not call list, you don't have to order with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

And since a lot of those catalogue companies are linked and share databases, you might want to add your phone number to the direct marketing opt out register. Then it becomes an offence to make unsolicited marketing calls to you without your consent. See www.comreg.ie/consumer_initiatives/direct_marketing_opt-out_register.492.566.html

Plus if you're ordering catalogues from anyone else in future, just leave the phone section blank or make up a phone number. You can always give them your real number later if you want (e.g. if you need to follow up an order).

Advertisement