Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI grant appeal, left waiting

Options
  • 26-03-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I applied to SUSI as a dependent student because as of January 1st 2013 I was 23 and living at home. Application was denied in August 2013 as they stated by income was 35k. I appealed this because they had grouped my mothers income and my own income together, eventhough she is not supporting me financially and my own income was significantly below the stated threshold.

I have been going back and forth with documentation since then. On March 7th at 7.01 pm I received an email with the subject: FINAL CALL FOR OUTSTANDING DOCUMENTATION. I received no letter requesting documentation, as is usually the case, and as I work weekends I didn't see this email until late Monday evening. Following a lengthy conversation with a supervisor he stated that once I had the required documentation in I would have a decision regarding my application (the document in question was a headed letter from my mother's solicitor). As solicitors are usually in court it was not until Thursday afternoon that I could liase with the solicitor, and long story short, as a result I missed the deadline. The letter was sent in the following Tuesday (after the bank holiday Monday).

Is there anything I can do, or am I fighting a losing battle? Every other document has been on time, and eventhough SUSI have left me waiting for months now, I'm suddenly denied a grant because I missed one deadline (for which no letter was sent out, as is usually the case).

Please Help!!

Advertisement