Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just to make the blood boil..

• 18-12-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

..i thought id share this extract i found on "de net"..its an open email from a facebook crowd "call for a revoluction in Ireland" Its nothing to do with me but would id love to see Kenny sit down and give his answers to each question!

Dear Enda Kenny,

I have contacted you by email several times over the last 18 months and have yet to receive a single response. Mind you David King and myself have become well acquainted in that time, even if his emails never vary from the same stock response. The fact is I am NOT writing to your Assistant Private Secretary or anyone else in your office and I am not interested in getting another fob-off message that says my email 'will be brought to the Taoiseach's attention as soon as possible.' You may think that this counts as a reply, but these kinds of robotic replies are simply not acceptable.

As we come to the end of another horrendous year I feel the time has come for you to answer some questions on behalf of the people of Ireland. You are supposed to be the elected leader of this state, which means you have a clear obligation to to answer TO the people of Ireland. Now I am not asking for answers sir, I am demanding answers! The people of this country are demanding answers. We are not interested in hearing any more dressed up lies, statistics or jargon. These questions are clear, I want and ONLY want, clear answers. I do NOT want to hear waffling generalizations; I do NOT want to hear that it was the previous governments fault; I do NOT want to hear any of the following phrases: "in the interest of the tax payer'; 'for the good of the country'; 'in the national interest'; 'sustainable growth'; 'helping the most vulnerable in society'; 'making difficult choices' or any other buzz words. The questions below are asked in clear, simple English. I will ONLY accept answers in clear simple English. I want ALL these questions answered - properly. If you fail to answer any of these questions satisfactorily I will assume that you are attempting to evade your responsibilities.

1. Please demonstrate your actual qualifications to lead this country.
    2. Please justify your enormous salary in simple terms.
    3. Please explain why your salary dwarfs those of leaders in much larger countries.
    4. Explain why politicians are allowed to claim multiple pensions before even reaching pensionable age.
    5. Adequately justify why politicians are still entitled to massive expenses.
    6. Demonstrate any tangible benefits that the country has enjoyed as result of paying you these huge sums.
    7. Explain why politicians who fail in their jobs are not fired.
    8. Explain why politicians who fail in their jobs receive enormous entitlements when they leave office, at our expense.
    9. Explain why politicians 'entitlements' were ring fenced shortly before the harshest budget in this country's history.
    10. Explain why people who leech huge sums off the people they claim to be working for are justified in cutting off the lifeblood of those with next to nothing.
    11. Show how the recession has impacted on YOUR life.
    12. Give a breakdown of the sacrifices YOU have been forced to make since this recession started.
    13. If you and your colleagues are actually representatives of the Irish people, please explain why you enjoy obscene perks, wealth and benefits that those people could only dream about.
    14. Explain why in the 21st century, a 33 year old homeless man froze to death in Bray last week.
    15. Do you deny that the upward rate of suicide in Ireland is directly linked to financial stresses?
    16. Explain why Iceland is currently enjoying an economic recovery.
    17. Explain why Iceland's turnaround is never referred to.
    18. Explain why it is no longer 'morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home'.
    19. Explain how private banking debts are in any way my debts.
    20. Explain why the welfare of banks is the priority for this government.
    21. Explain how, if there is no money for basic human needs, there is always money to keep banks afloat.
    22. Explain why there is always a 'legal reason' why bankers salaries cannot be reduced.
    23. Explain why there is never any problem reducing everyone else's salaries.
    24. Explain why no bankers have had the book thrown at them after bankrupting this country.
    25. Explain how banks are still allowed to remove people from their homes.
    26. If the Garda Siochana are truly 'Guardians of the Peace', explain why Gardai are used by banks to evict people, with the blessing of the state.
    27. Explain why Gardai are used as a private security firm in Rossport.
    28. Explain why huge reserves of gas and oil have been given to corporations with no benefit to the people of this country.
    29. Explain how this country's forests can be sold off to speculators and foreign investors.
    30. Explain why the website taoiseach.gov.ie has a customer charter.
    31. Explain how the Department of the Taoiseach has customers.
    32. Name some of these customers and what you are selling to them.
    33. Explain why the government is actually a registered company, trading for profit.
    34. Explain why all official organs of the state are also trading for profit.
    35. Explain why most offenses against legislation carry only a monetary penalty.
    36. Explain why an external, unelected financial body is allowed to dictate to the Irish government.
    37. Is the Central Bank in fact a private bank?
    38. Explain why public money was used to fund a 'Yes' campaign in the recent Children's Referendum.
    39. Regardless of which party he is in, given Pat Rabbitte's recent comments on TV, do you deny that your own election promises were well thought out lies?
    40. Do you believe that deceiving the public is the 'normal way of things'?
    41. Please explain why, when in opposition you promised to turn the country around, things have in fact gotten much worse.
    42. As you have broken every promise you made to the people of Ireland before the last election, please explain how you have not broken your contract with the people and therefore still have a mandate to govern.
    43. Please explain why threatening the Irish people is acceptable practice to this government.
    44. Explain why generations yet unborn have already been saddled with enormous debt.
    45. Demonstrate how the next two generations of irish people will benefit from your policies.
    46. Explain why there is always money for trips abroad for government 'representatives' and their entourages.
    47. Given that Michael Noonan's trip to the Bilderburg conference (which up until recently was always apparently just a conspiracy theory) was funded by the tax payer, please provide minutes of the meetings, action items discussed and a list of all those in attendance.
    48. Please provide a breakdown of Phil Hogan's achievements and contributions at the recent climate conference in Doha and the actual benefits to Ireland as a result of this taxpayer-funded trip.
    49. Explain how dealings with and dictates from, foreign, unelected figures and organizations are not in conflict with Article 6.1 and Article 15.2.1 of Bunreacht na hÉireann Constitution of Ireland.
    50. Explain how putting the people of Ireland into perpetual debt and poverty, at the behest of and for the benefit of, private banks is NOT a treasonous act.

On behalf of the people of this country I demand answers to ALL these question in the manner stated.

Merry Christmas"

You might consider sending this too. The more the merrier...

~Belenus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Tedious and boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Rabble rabble rabble.

Looked at the top of the list. Stupid question. Looked at the bottom of the list, "Treasonous".

Letter was clearly written by an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Having read the OP, succinct is a word that doesn't spring to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

jesus that was hard work reading that i wouldn't blame the twat for not replying to it as he didn't finish reading it id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That's the Facebook group that's anti-everything with little to no solution to things themselves?
    28. Explain why huge reserves of gas and oil have been given to corporations with no benefit to the people of this country.

Ah, yea. The old drum is still getting a beating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Note to self, talk to 4 year old Daughter about writing letters to Enda Kenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Not reading all of that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Teebor15 wrote: »
    Dear Enda Kenny,

Inda Kenny wrote:
    I'm the leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lemonperv

OP, are you on Hailo? I need a lift to Dundrum to do a bit of shopping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

"de net"

• Advertisement

33. Explain why the government is actually a registered company, trading for profit.
    us
    so much nonsense - if they are trading for profit they aren't doing a very good job at it....

Am also laughing at the idea that he wants a personal response from the Taoiseach.

Taoiseach's schedule this morning:
    9:30 Talk to troika about getting latest tranche released.
    10:00 draft up response to random person from the Internet (one minute per point)
    10:50 tea break
    11:00 talk to senators about getting the budget passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Must be great to have the time to hop on every cause out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

While I do think that the politicians in this country are overpaid (some are insanely overpaid), he's the leader of the country ffs. Ya can't really expect him to be working for €9.50 an hour. Let's face it, most people are motivated by money and not a lot of people will want to be Taoiseach if the pay is low. I'm not really justifying his high wage, but he has to earn something decent considering the stress he's under 24/7.

I'm fairly sure that's because of currency devaluation. Iceland doesn't use the euro so they can devalue their own currency and exports are cheaper. And why is it not referred to? Cos Ireland uses the Euro and Iceland doesn't.

I learned that in 6th year. Fairly straightforward answer I thought, can't see Enda answering that without much bother. Maybe there's more to it that I don't get, but from what I see that's a silly question.
    26. If the Garda Siochana are truly 'Guardians of the Peace', explain why Gardai are used by banks to evict people, with the blessing of the state.

I hate garda bashing so I'm just going to say that this is fúcking stupid. They get enough abuse without díckheads like this giving out about them doing their fúcking job
    36. Explain why an external, unelected financial body is allowed to dictate to the Irish government.

Cos the Irish government has been doing such a good job in recent years hasn't it(?)

I'd like to see Enda answer some of these questions, but overall this is a stupid idea and whoever set out these questions just seem like a bunch of shít-stirrers with shít for brains who think they're Woodward and Bernstein. Just sounds like a stupid campaign that will come to absolutely nothing but these kints will be going thinking this will lead to some sort of utopia where nothing ever goes wrong.
    Governments are far from perfect, deal with it.

MagicSean wrote: »
    Must be great to have the time to hop on every cause out there.

Sign this online petition and help stop the war in Syria.

Petition reads:

"Stop it!.............bold!!"

From,
    Westerner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Yeah Enda, show us your qualifications from Taoiseach University. :rolleyes:

Seriously, what an inane list of demands. And this guy wonders why nobody responds to him? If the leader of a country (any country) wasted his or her time responding to idiotic demands like this, then I'd really be worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Einhard wrote: »
    Yeah Enda, show us your qualifications from Taoiseach University. :rolleyes:

Seriously, what an inane list of demands. And this guy wonders why nobody responds to him? If the leader of a country (any country) wasted his or her time responding to idiotic demands like this, then I'd really be worried.

It's got a real bang of that freeman bullshit going on about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Why stop at 50, I think it's high time we all contributed.

51. Where's the 'remote', and when are you going to find it for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

At this stage I'm as annoyed by the hurlers on the ditch in this country as I am about the banking crisis/recession.

I've started to filter out news items such as this with a single criterion - if its the type of thing a Dublin taxi driver would applaud and spend the whole day repeating at anyone that's unfortunate enough to be within earshot then I can safely dismiss it as pointless whingery. This letter easily qualifies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

- No qualifications are required, I stood for election.
    - What does the Managing Director of a trillion dollar corporation earn?
    3. Please explain why your salary dwarfs those of leaders in much larger countries.
    - Because Ireland doesn't operate entirely on the basis of institutionalized corruption.
    4. Explain why politicians are allowed to claim multiple pensions before even reaching pensionable age.
    - Without these provisos, it would be too risky for an average citizen to give up their job and join the Dàil. Do you want government to be exclusively run by sons of wealthy families as in the UK?
    - Expenses are the costs of doing the job. Its unjustified, unvouched and fraudulently claimed expenses that we're worried about.
    6. Demonstrate any tangible benefits that the country has enjoyed as result of paying you these huge sums.
    - Well we haven't used taxpayers money to bail out the vintners and motor dealers cartels, as our predecessors were attempting to do.
    - Politicians are elected, its the electorate's job to reject those who fail to perform at the ballot.
    8. Explain why politicians who fail in their jobs receive enormous entitlements when they leave office, at our expense.
    - This is question 4 again.
    9. Explain why politicians 'entitlements' were ring fenced shortly before the harshest budget in this country's history.
    - Can you clarify the question? What entitlements were ring-fenced? (Do you know what ring-fenced means?)
    10. Explain why people who leech huge sums off the people they claim to be working for are justified in cutting off the lifeblood of those with next to nothing.
    - Bit vague again there, who are you talking about exactly?
    - Well I had to get off my hole and stop fecking around in opposition while the other crowd buried the country.
    12. Give a breakdown of the sacrifices YOU have been forced to make since this recession started.
    - For a start, I slashed the salary enjoyed by my predecessors. Also increased taxes apply to me as much as anyone else.
    13. If you and your colleagues are actually representatives of the Irish people, please explain why you enjoy obscene perks, wealth and benefits that those people could only dream about.
    - Don't know many people over 40, do you?
    14. Explain why in the 21st century, a 33 year old homeless man froze to death in Bray last week.
    - Dunno, we have one of the most generous social welfare systems in the world. I guess he must have drunk himself unconscious or something?
    15. Do you deny that the upward rate of suicide in Ireland is directly linked to financial stresses?
    - I can neither confirm nor deny that statement. Do you have any evidence either way?
    - Boom, bust, recovery, boom, bust, recovery. What part do you not understand?
    - By who? Its referred to constantly.
    18. Explain why it is no longer 'morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home'.
    - Because I inherited a broken economy, an international bailout and several failed banks.
    - Because there was a midnight meeting in a certain kitchen where certain decisions were made for the country.
    - Because there was a midnight meeting in a certain kitchen where certain decisions were made for the country.
    21. Explain how, if there is no money for basic human needs, there is always money to keep banks afloat.
    - Which basic human needs are not being met?
    22. Explain why there is always a 'legal reason' why bankers salaries cannot be reduced.
    - There's a legal reason why nobody's salary can be reduced. Its called their 'employment contract. Google it.
    - There is a major problem in reducing peoples' salaries. There are a rake of laws making it close to impossible. Generally, a person's salary can only be reduced if they agree to it.
    24. Explain why no bankers have had the book thrown at them after bankrupting this country.
    - You need to understand that 'throw the book at him' is a reference to criminal proceedings against a suspected criminal. This is only possible if you have laws against what this person has done.
    - Banks are not and never have been allowed to remove people from their homes. Banks can apply to have people removed from a property against which a loan was secured, in the event that they fail to make payments on the loan. That's what the words 'loan' and 'secured' means.
    - Because they're not paying the loans they took out. Do you not understand what a loan is?
    - Private security has no legal standing.
    - You're down to pure fantasy now.
    29. Explain how this country's forests can be sold off to speculators and foreign investors.
    - The country's forest are being sold off as this option is better than the alternatives. Who else is going to pay for them but investors / speculators? Would you like to buy some forest?

I got bored here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I thought the questions were fair enough :o...people are angry so instead of moaning about it on a forum...they're challenging the taoiseach directly.

• Advertisement

I thought the questions were fair enough :o...people are angry so instead of moaning about it on a forum...they're challenging the taoiseach directly.

Their questions are stupid, ill thought out and of the type that appeal only to simple minded rabble-rabble loving idiots.

Their questions are stupid, ill thought out and of the type that appeal only to simple minded rabble-rabble loving idiots.

in your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

This right here gives away the fact that this moron is one of these 'freemen of the land' types.

in your opinion.

Well, yeah obviously. And anyone with a brain in their head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

We are not interested in hearing any more dressed up lies, statistics or jargon. These questions are clear, I want and ONLY want, clear answers. I do NOT want to hear waffling generalizations; I do NOT want to hear that it was the previous governments fault; I do NOT want to hear any of the following phrases: "in the interest of the tax payer'; 'for the good of the country'; 'in the national interest'; 'sustainable growth'; 'helping the most vulnerable in society'; 'making difficult choices' or any other buzz words. The questions below are asked in clear, simple English. I will ONLY accept answers in clear simple English. I want ALL these questions answered - properly. If you fail to answer any of these questions satisfactorily I will assume that you are attempting to evade your responsibilities.

In other words I don't want to hear what you have to say.

Any mention of the biggest issue, in my opinion, on Fine Gael? The lack of abortion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sergeant wrote: »
    It's got a real bang of that freeman bullshit going on about it.

That was the first thing I thought of.

Hey OP - are you one of the Freeman crowd? Because if you are anything and everything you say will be ignored (and quite rightly) by the majority of people in this country, not just Enda Kenny.

Well, yeah obviously. And anyone with a brain in their head.

just thought it needed clarifying...it appears you think your opinion is the right one and any alternative is to be insulted.

I'm fairly intelligent...wouldn't consider myself part of the rabble...but consider it fair play that some one would do somethin about their dissatisfaction with their taoiseach...so your labelling of those in favour of the email is incorrect.

just thought it needed clarifying...it appears you think your opinion is the right one and any alternative is to be insulted.

I'm fairly intelligent...wouldn't consider myself part of the rabble...but consider it fair play that some one would do somethin about their dissatisfaction with their taoiseach...so your labelling of those in favour of the email is incorrect.

Doing something is one thing. Rattling off silly silly questions that do nothing but betray the ignorance of the writer is another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

07Lapierre wrote: »
    What was the alternative? not vote at all?

now what do you think?

• Advertisement

Tackling a politician with tough questions and demanding solid answers is commendable and should be encouraged.

Tackling a politician with shìt questions like these and demanding silly answers is not commendable and should be discouraged. It gives the person they're aiming at a laugh as they (and anybody else) can rhyme off logical answers to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

seamus wrote: »
    Rabble rabble rabble.

Looked at the top of the list. Stupid question. Looked at the bottom of the list, "Treasonous".

Letter was clearly written by an idiot.

Perhaps so, but the questions he asks are valid. I think half of our problem is that when someone actually says the emperor has no clothes the rest of the village calls him an idiot.

Lots of the questions he asks are complete nonsense.

"What makes you qualified to be Taoiseach". "I was voted in".

"Explain why in the 21st century, a 33 year old homeless man froze to death in Bray last week". "Because homeless people by definition are living on the street and human anatomy in the 21st century is the same as human anatomy in the 15th century and people tend to freeze to death in cold conditions if they don't find shelter".

Most of the rest are just plain whinges. "Explain why the Gardai are being used as a private security firm". "They're not".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Dear Dept. of An Taoiseach. Why are you about to pay €250,000 for a website?

Link

Perhaps so, but the questions he asks are valid.

A lot of them aren't
    I think half of our problem is that when someone actually says the emperor has no clothes the rest of the village calls him an idiot.

There are people questioning the leadership of the country in a manner that is intelligent. This method however is not. It's no wonder that he gets no response if this is the sort of letter he writes. One shudders to think what his youthful letters to Santa read like.
    DEAR SANTA.

I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE THE JETPACK I ASKED FOR TWO YEARS AGO!!!! PLEASE ANSWER ME WITHOUT USING THE PHRASE 'TOO EXPENSIVE' 'SPOILED BRAT' or 'ONLY FOR VERY VERY GOOD BOYS'. I DEMAND A JETPACK AND ALSO A CAR THAT TRAVELS BACK IN TIME LIKE WHAT I SAW IN THE CINEMA.

YOURS,

SMALL BOY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Cant believe the hostility towards the OP, here, he raises a lot of valid points- why exactly are the politicians paid so much, why are the bankers paid so much, how come they can claim multiple pensions? Does that not anger people? It certainly angers me, especially when money is being taken from children and carers. None of the politicians have been affected by the budget, not ONE of them. They all still have huge wages, expenses and pensions whilst the little people suffer. The OP is right to demand answers to these questions.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of Europe when we dont have the bloody stones to revolt or even overthrow the Dail, no, we just bend over and take it year after year. And one poster actually said Enda Kenny was under stress?? Hes a gutless coward who hides behind his overpaid advisors, what stress is he under.:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

i consider myself part of the rabble
    I want every bondholder burnt twice etc...rabble rabble..

However the letter is written by a fool and he does not speak for me.

I hate gimps who claim to speak on behalf of the people...

you don't - you are a cock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cant believe the hostility towards the OP, here, he raises a lot of valid points- why exactly are the politicians paid so much, why are the bankers paid so much, how come they can claim multiple pensions? Does that not anger people? It certainly angers me, especially when money is being taken from children and carers. None of the politicians have been affected by the budget, not ONE of them. They all still have huge wages, expenses and pensions whilst the little people suffer. The OP is right to demand answers to these questions.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of Europe when we dont have the bloody stones to revolt or even overthrow the Dail, no, we just bend over and take it year after year. And one poster actually said Enda Kenny was under stress?? Hes a gutless coward who hides behind his overpaid advisors, what stress is he under.:confused::confused:
    The OP didn't write the letter.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i hope that the author never registers to vote. People like him dilute the vote to the point of it being meaningless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    A lot of them aren't

There are people questioning the leadership of the country in a manner that is intelligent. This method however is not. It's no wonder that he gets no response if this is the sort of letter he writes. One shudders to think what his youthful letters to Santa read like.

Again, perhaps. But I think it's equally silly to suggest that people must pass some kind of 'intelligence' test in order to voice concerns and table questions to our Dear Leader. The disconnect between ordinary people and those who govern this country is enormous. It is becoming hard to see how exactly they have citizens' best interests at heart with the decision to implement austerity in the way that they have. How can we trust them when they say it will all be worth it in the end? (History and the global economic outlook to 2020 suggests otherwise). I can understand the frustration.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Again, perhaps. But I think it's equally silly to suggest that people must pass some kind of 'intelligence' test in order to voice concerns and table questions to our Dear Leader.

it would certainly weed out any of the stupid questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

As we come to the end of another horrendous year I feel the time has come for you to answer some questions on behalf of the people of Ireland.

Was this written by Michael D. Higgins? The 18 months would cover from his presidency campaign to now........

Again, perhaps. But I think it's equally silly to suggest that people must pass some kind of 'intelligence' test in order to voice concerns and table questions to our Dear Leader. The disconnect between ordinary people and those who govern this country is enormous. It is becoming hard to see how exactly they have citizens' best interests at heart with the decision to implement austerity in the way that they have. How can we trust them when they say it will all be worth it in the end? (The global economic outlook to 2020 suggests otherwise). I can understand the frustration.

I'm not saying for a minute that people shouldn't question everything and I don't think there should be an intelligence test before people question things.

However, if people write frankly stupid letters like this then it's no wonder they get no response and their opinions aren't listened to. Even if they raise some good points in the middle of a rant it will be lost because the rest of it is so poorly thought out and put together. So by all means let him write to the taoiseach and raise his worries but let him not be surprised when nobody takes him seriously at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

34. Explain why all official organs of the state are also trading for profit.
    35. Explain why most offenses against legislation carry only a monetary penalty.
    37. Is the Central Bank in fact a private bank?
    38. Explain why public money was used to fund a 'Yes' campaign in the recent Children's Referendum.
    39. Regardless of which party he is in, given Pat Rabbitte's recent comments on TV, do you deny that your own election promises were well thought out lies?
    40. Do you believe that deceiving the public is the 'normal way of things'?
    41. Please explain why, when in opposition you promised to turn the country around, things have in fact gotten much worse.
    42. As you have broken every promise you made to the people of Ireland before the last election, please explain how you have not broken your contract with the people and therefore still have a mandate to govern.
    43. Please explain why threatening the Irish people is acceptable practice to this government.
    44. Explain why generations yet unborn have already been saddled with enormous debt.
    45. Demonstrate how the next two generations of irish people will benefit from your policies.
    46. Explain why there is always money for trips abroad for government 'representatives' and their entourages.
    47. Given that Michael Noonan's trip to the Bilderburg conference (which up until recently was always apparently just a conspiracy theory) was funded by the tax payer, please provide minutes of the meetings, action items discussed and a list of all those in attendance.
    48. Please provide a breakdown of Phil Hogan's achievements and contributions at the recent climate conference in Doha and the actual benefits to Ireland as a result of this taxpayer-funded trip.
    49. Explain how dealings with and dictates from, foreign, unelected figures and organizations are not in conflict with Article 6.1 and Article 15.2.1 of Bunreacht na hÉireann Constitution of Ireland.
    50. Explain how putting the people of Ireland into perpetual debt and poverty, at the behest of and for the benefit of, private banks is NOT a treasonous act.

On behalf of the people of this country I demand answers to ALL these question in the manner stated.

Merry Christmas"

You might consider sending this too. The more the merrier...

~Belenus

To be fair to the OP, there are a few questions here that should be answered. But the whole thing is far too long winded. I got tired of going through the questions myself, so if you're really expecting a reply from our Fearless Leader on this email, you're going to be sadly disappointed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lemonperv

We're not the laughing stock of Europe. If you read international magazines, they find much that is commendable in Ireland's actions in the last few years.

Would you like low taxes and fantastic public services? I would but unfortunately that's impossible so we'll all have to grow up and deal with this.

RodgersLFC wrote: »
    To be fair to the OP, there are a few questions here that should be answered.
    They're rhetorical questions really though. Many of them are phrased as if they were addressing a dictator who put all of these things in place. The answer to a most of these questions could easily be, "It was like that when I got here".

A more sensible letter would phrase the questions as, "What do you plan to do to reduce the massive salaries paid in Dail", and "How will you tackle waste and cost inefficiences in the public sector". Blaming the current government for the procedures which were in place before they were even voted in, is moronic.

• Administrators Posts: 54,098 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Can the writer of the letter demonstrate their qualifications for supposedly speaking on behalf of the people of Ireland.

If not, perhaps they can tell us which election they stood in and subsequently won that enabled them to speak on behalf of the people of Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

seamus wrote: »
    They're rhetorical questions really though. Many of them are phrased as if they were addressing a dictator who put all of these things in place. The answer to a most of these questions could easily be, "It was like that when I got here".

A more sensible letter would phrase the questions as, "What do you plan to do to reduce the massive salaries paid in Dail", and "How will you tackle waste and cost inefficiences in the public sector". Blaming the current government for the procedures which were in place before they were even voted in, is moronic.

I agree. I have highlighted a few questions there which I would personally like to see answered, but I agree that the phrasing of most of the questions is childish and confrontational.

Even though you clearly cant blame the current government for everything, I do feel that they havent done enough to get their own house in order. Their expenses and pay are way too high, if they did something to address issues such as these, then people might be more willing to get on-board with what they're trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Some people on this forum need to cop on.

At least this guy is holding our "supreme leader" to account. More than what half of you lot ever done!

Some of the questions are a bit silly but its the effort that counts. The nonchalant attitude to the way this country is being governed by the people of this country is disgraceful.

Grow up and either show support of stfu.

• Administrators Posts: 54,098 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Some people on this forum need to cop on.

At least this guy is holding our "supreme leader" to account. More than what half of you lot ever done!

Some of the questions are a bit silly but its the effort that counts. The nonchalant attitude to the way this country is being governed by the people of this country is disgraceful.

Grow up and either show support of stfu.
    That isn't holding anyone to account.

It's the ramblings of a moron who thinks he's being smart while asking stupid questions.

"What qualifications do you have to lead this country". I mean come on ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

awec wrote: »
    That isn't holding anyone to account.

It's the ramblings of a moron who thinks he's being smart while asking stupid questions.

"What qualifications do you have to lead this country". I mean come on ffs.

I suppose you are happy with the state of affairs in Ireland at the moment?

If so, fair balls to you cause you must be doing well off.

If not, what have you done about it?

Before anyone asks I haven't done much at all but I'm not complaining when someone actually does!

• Advertisement
Advertisement