Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Beaten 3-1 by the mighty Bolton. Yeah, we'd be great in the Champions League, alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

From this:

168622_1532788321147_1277968593_31134442_5135148_n.jpg

To this:

roYZV.jpg

Runs and hides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Completely disillusioned after that... impossible to find even the faintest of positives to take from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

only one more league game without Suarez thank god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

An injured Lucas would still perform better than Adam did today and in fact, how he has performed over the last few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

With Junior Hoilett we would have eaten alive that Bolton team. NEED PACE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

First time saying it this season but that was brutal .

The most limp performance of the season yet. It was like going back to hodgson days .

The bit in bold is what really struck me today. It felt like that.

I'm actually just gutted thinking of that result. Fair enough we are missing two of our best players in Lucas and Saurez but I think that just highlights how poor our transfers have been.

I've defended Carroll a lot but today was the first time I really thought it just won't work. We can't play his way and we can't play his way.

We'd need to buy 3 starters before the window closes if we were to have any chance of getting 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

1) We need to sign a couple of players, but more urgently, one or two players need to be shown the door. I never want to see Kuyt play for us again, Maxi must not be a Liverpool player next season, and I'd take anything we can get for Downing.

2) If we can't get the required pace, creativity, aggression or composure from our first team players, it is madness to persist and expect it to suddenly get better. We can:
    - Buy our way out of this slump, or
    - use our reserves. We can call on Sterling, Suso, Shelvey or Adorjan and they could not possibly do worse than Downing or Kuyt.

3) I hope we get out of this slump quickly, I think the two Manchester games will see better performances. But if things don't get better, we'll see that Dalglish's appointment create massive tensions among Liverpool fans. There is simply too much emotional attachment between him and the fans for rational discourse to take place. Let's hope we can turn things around.

4) I don't care he's only 17, I want Sterling playing in the first team before the end of this season as an impact sub.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

People seemed happy enough with the starting 11 - but they did not put in the performance we thought they would. Thoroughly disappointed at the performance more than the result, simply not good enough.
    Given who we play in our next 2 games I would not be the slightest bit surprised if we win both games. We put in performances against the top teams and somehow fúck up completely against the 'struggling' teams - mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Rafa out!! ;)

Seriously though, what the hell is happening in that "race" for fourth. It's more like a game of Russian Roulette, such is the lack passion for it shown by any number of teams.
    Kenny is doing okay relative to the teams around them (ie Pool are still in the race) and he appears to be looking towards the future - however there are some serious questions to be asked of themselves by certain players - the manager can only do so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Awful stuff. We now have 1 point from our last three league games, scoring 2 but conceding 7. 0-3 to City, 0-0 to Stoke and 1-3 to Bolton.

Tactics were all wrong today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

1) We need to sign a couple of players, but more urgently, one or two players need to be shown the door. I never want to see Kuyt play for us again, Maxi must not be a Liverpool player next season, and I'd take anything we can get for Downing.

2) If we can't get the required pace, creativity, aggression or composure from our first team players, it is madness to persist and expect it to suddenly get better. We can:
    - use our reserves. We can call on Sterling, Suso, Shelvey or Adorjan and they could not possibly do worse than Downing or Kuyt.

3) I hope we get out of this slump quickly, I think the two Manchester games will see better performances. But if things don't get better, we'll see that Dalglish's appointment create massive tensions among Liverpool fans. There is simply too much emotional attachment between him and the fans for rational discourse to take place. Let's hope we can turn things around.

4) I don't care he's only 17, I want Sterling playing in the first team before the end of this season as an impact sub.

If I was John W Henry I wouldn't trust Kenny or Camolli with one cent of my money until the players they bought already at least try and show why they were bought .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

serious questions have to be asked of Kenny and certain players.

one of which today was NOT Carroll.

truly pathetic excuse of a performance.

Adam in particular was utterly abysmal...an embarrassment to the shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

mixednuts wrote: »
    If I was John W Henry I wouldn't trust Kenny or Camolli with one cent of my money until the players they bought already at least try and show why they were bought .

Id say John Henry might be thinking about new managers at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Id say John Henry might be thinking about new managers at this stage

to be quite honest if it was anyone else id agree...

but kenny wont be budged...that would be like disarming a bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Adam was disgraceful today,shouldn't see a starting place for a few weeks after that. Carroll has been awful this season ,I've said it before he isn't a No. 9.At one point he was playing passes in his own half while the midfielders and full backs had passed him by!!? N'gog looked better than him today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

I would genuinely like to know who's in charge of player recruitment. I think Kenny has done well overall with the players at his disposal, however since he's come in, transfer dealing have been beyond shocking. If that's not rectified, it will be his downfall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Tusky wrote: »
    Awful stuff. We now have 1 point from our last three league games, scoring 2 but conceding 7. 0-3 to City, 0-0 to Stoke and 1-3 to Bolton.

Sums not a strong point ? :D

Clear out and weeding needed to be done to make room for the new talent coming up ;

Out:
    Kuyt
    Maxi
    Spearing

Benched:
    Adam
    Henderson

Purchased:
    CF
    AM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I need a drink. Maybe two. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

We have to get a decent defensive midfielder into the club asap, the first 2 goals would never have happened had Lucas been out there today. The ease at which they cut through us in the centre of the park was shocking imo , hopefully Kenny will have noticed this himself , if we are to salvage anything out of this season we need at least 2 new players coming in this window - time to earn your pay cheque Comolli...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I need a drink. Maybe two. :(

I had 2 maybe 3 during that....need 3 maybe 4 more!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Clear out and weeding needed to be done to make room for the new talent coming up ;

Out:
    Kuyt
    Maxi
    Spearing

Benched:
    Adam
    Henderson

Purchased:
    CF
    AM

Wtf has Spearing done wrong:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

RebeccaLowe11 Rebecca Lowe
    Kenny Dalglish just said some players won't be in red shirts much longer if play like that again. Said they were disrespectful. Strong.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Wtf has Spearing done wrong:rolleyes:

Nothing but I think he can't cut the mustard and I really can't see a Liverpool team with title ambitions with him in it .

Plus there are players coming up that will soon displace him .

All my opinion of course .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

5 V 3 In midfield,

3 ahead out of game,Carroll, Maxi, Bellamy,

Needed to change that as early as 20 mins in,

Worst performance of season from Manager and Coaches

Players needed guidance out there today, Never came from bench,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

daithijjj wrote: »
    Kenny Dalglish just said some players won't be in red shirts much longer if play like that again. Said they were disrespectful. Strong.
    Carroll out so, he's been playing like that all fuppen season, I'm all for giving people a chance but have had enough of looking at him loafing around like a poor man's Tony Cascarino.

Carroll out
    Any body else half decent in

Rant over:mad:

sideswipe wrote: »
    daithijjj wrote: »
    Carroll out so, he's been playing like that all fuppen season, I'm all for giving people a chance but have had enough of looking at him loafing around like a poor man's Tony Cascarino.

Carroll out
    Any body else half decent in

Rant over:mad:

He needs a shave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Never seen Dalglish so angry. No defending of his players at all. Suggested they were distracted by 2 cup games coming up. #LFC

Id rather 4th than the cups lads cop on :/

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    serious questions have to be asked of Kenny and certain players.

one of which today was NOT Carroll.

truly pathetic excuse of a performance.

Adam in particular was utterly abysmal...an embarrassment to the shirt.

Carroll at times today looked good when he concentrated instead of whinging about the amount of times hes being fouled by defenders (and rightly so at times). Hes 10 times off what he should be at the moment but there are glimpses of ability there, ie through balls aerially and nice sliced pass with his weaker foot onto Bellamy tonight.

He needs to set himself individual targets to slowly but surely get back to some sort of form of his Newcastle days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Its the lack of a plan b that is very worrying I can only remember one game where we came from behind to win under kenny

Carroll at times today looked good when he concentrated instead of whinging about the amount of times hes being fouled by defenders (and rightly so at times). Hes 10 times off what he should be at the moment but there are glimpses of ability there, ie through balls aerially and nice sliced pass with his weaker foot onto Bellamy tonight.

He needs to set himself individual targets to slowly but surely get back to some sort of form of his Newcastle days.

Fair enough, but is that enough at this stage? I feel I've watched too many games this season where i hoped he would just grab the game by the scruff of the neck. It's just getting soooo frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Kenny will be out the door come the end of the season. This transfer window will be telling, if there are no signings I really do believe its a case he will be told to make do with what he has and it will be reviewed in the summer.

Nothing but I think he can't cut the mustard and I really can't see a Liverpool team with title ambitions with him in it .

Plus there are players coming up that will soon displace him .

All my opinion of course .

But ya also need players like Spearing to step in when needed. The lad had come on heaps not only with his aggression/passion to win the ball but also passing ability, link up play etc. before his injury. Unfortunately that was a big problem not having a proper DM today, having to rely on the inept tracking back, tackling and discipline of Adam today:rolleyes: Forget about title ambitions, well off that yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

excellent post. Dalglish for me was brought in to weather the storm after hodgson. he should never have got the permenant job. for such an amazing attacking creative genuis it reeks of irony that is team has suffer from this aspect of the game the most

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Delighted Kenny's pissed off. Yield the fooking axe. Carroll, Downing and Adam should never have been signed in the first place, Maxi and Kuyt are getting on. First thing on the agenda Monday morning should be to get passports for Kenny and the scouts, and start sorting this mess out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

manual_man wrote: »
    With Junior Hoilett we would have eaten alive that Bolton team. NEED PACE

We've known this for about 10 years..... pacy wingers and pacy forwards are required.... Why can't the managers see this ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Hoki wrote: »
    We have to get a decent defensive midfielder into the club asap, the first 2 goals would never have happened had Lucas been out there today. The ease at which they cut through us in the centre of the park was shocking imo , hopefully Kenny will have noticed this himself , if we are to salvage anything out of this season we need at least 2 new players coming in this window - time to earn your pay cheque Comolli...

I would blame gerard the most for all three goals.

Lucas massive loss

Adam ****e and has always being ****e

I would not give kenny any money unless he has a lot to answer for.

But ya also need players like Spearing to step in when needed. The lad had come on heaps not only with his aggression/passion to win the ball but also passing ability, link up play etc. before his injury. Unfortunately that was a big problem not having a proper DM today, having to rely on the inept tracking back, tackling and discipline of Adam today:rolleyes: Forget about title ambitions, well off that yet

Honestly can you see a team in 5yrs time with Spearing ?

He is a good player but like others they are taking up a place in the squad that can either be filled by a better purchase or soon to be academy addition .

If we are serious about the future ambitions then it's time to shake off the passengers . Some of which have only been on board months . .. Not including Spearing in that comment .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

How the standards have dropped as fans if we are still clinging to hope that this lad will be a top player.

The way some talk about "what happened to Carroll since his Newcastle days?"

He was no Alan Shearer let me tell you. He played above himself for 5 months in the top flight, we gambled a record fee on a lad who was really unproven in essence. And it has backfired badly.

This isn't a case of a player with undoubted class suffering a dip in form. There was no class there in the first place. Its a case of very poor judgement by those in power at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Its the lack of a plan b that is very worrying I can only remember one game where we came from behind to win under kenny

Would you say this signals a lack of tactical
    shrewdness from manager to analyse where things are going wrong and being able to rectify the problem

sideswipe wrote: »
    Fair enough, but is that enough at this stage? I feel I've watched too many games this season where i hoped he would just grab the game by the scruff of the neck. It's just getting soooo frustrating.

Hes not gonna turn it around like that in an instant though with the form hes in. But like I said if he slowly builds up some confidence by setting targets for himself like get an assist, touch the ball more than 34 times:eek:, he should get more comfortable on the ball and HOPEFULLY start bullying defenders again. Its tough watching him struggle though, everyone wants the lad to do well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Abject. Truly dismal. And those were the positives i found in the game:(

Questions have to be asked of KK. The team were abysmal. We have no pace other than Bellamy and he can barely play once a week. Signings HAVE to be made and some players need to move quickly along, if that is possible in a team without pace.
    The tactics are puzzling too. Why do the full backs, Johnson in particular in the last few weeks, barely cross the halfway line? Defensive solidity is a given but 2 of our (potentially) best attacking players are not providing any width.
    Adam needs to have a long hard look at himself. His last few games make Andy Reid look like a potential Liverpool player.
    Enrique was poor overall today going from shocking to ending up poor.
    Johnson looked like like he did when Hodgson was in charge.
    Carroll i gave up on near the start but he improved as the game went on. I want him to come good but i am nearly out of hope at this stage.
    Gerrards positional play was poor today. Both himself and Adam were AWOL for the first goal but Gerrard let a bolton player run past him to set up the goal. I know he is coming back from injury but it was the third minute FFS.
    Maxi. He barely registered in the game. How he was left on till 61 minutes i just dont know.

One year and over £100 million spent and the football is poor, we are as far off 4th as this time last year(in terms of performance) and i feel as p***ed of watching as i did at the end of Hodgsons and Houlliers reigns.

Nowhere near acceptable:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Would you say this signals a lack of tactical
    shrewdness from manager to analyse where things are going wrong and being able to rectify the problem

Tactical shrewdness is what Steve Clarke is all about.

You can say tactical shrewdness but most people looked at the teamsheet before the match and were happy.

It was a terrible day at the office and it's last chance saloon for a few plyers out there for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

There is no question that Lucas is a massive loss, but to think that he is the only missing link is ridiculous. The wide play from Liverpool has been absolutely dreadful. Kuyt is a rightful Anfield legend, but his performances have declined dramatically in the last season. Like I keep saying, Maxi is simply not a a Champions League quality player and Liverpool fans needs to see past the occasional cracker that he scores in 1 game out of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I have to say I am not a fan of what Kenny has been saying after the match. Isn't he the very one who has said we will deal will things behind closed doors ? It feels like a media savvy play to appease the fans.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    I have to say I am not a fan of what Kenny has been saying after the match. Isn't he the very one who has said we will deal will things behind closed doors ? It feels like a media savvy play to appease the fans.

Opr

He's just being honest. He'll say the same to the players (not so politely). And by god do they need to hear it

5000 traveling supporters (fair fooks to them) had to endure that crap today.

opr wrote: »

Opr
    Hard for him to bite his tongue in interviews after watching that performance in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

There is no question that Lucas is a massive loss, but to think that he is the only missing link is ridiculous. The wide play from Liverpool has been absolutely dreadful. Kuyt is a rightful Anfield legend, but his performances have declined dramatically in the last season. Like I keep saying, Maxi is simply not a a Champions League quality player and Liverpool fans needs to see past the occasional cracker that he scores in 1 game out of 10.

Legend is a strong word and while i really love what Kuyt has done at Liverpool he's not a legend.

Lucas was missing as you say but so too was Suarez, one of the best players in the EPL so far this season.

Gerrard isn't fully fit and looked short of the pace today.

Maxi wasn't anywhere near the worst player out there for Liverpool today IMO.

Runners from midfield cost Liverpool the first 2 goals today.
    The 3rd was sloppy defending from a set piece.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement