Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas both sucks and blows at the same time.

Options
  • 25-12-2009 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

It screws with the tv schedules and forces me to pretend to be nice to people I don't like.

**** Christmas up it's stupid arse.

Anyone with me on this?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

there was a guy earlier on but the AH mods sorted him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Terry wrote: »
    It screws with the tv schedules and forces me to pretend to be nice to people I don't like.

Anyone with me on this?

100%

Examples to be taken from ones own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Anyone with me on this?

no have a mince pie and sing a few carols and ge t into the party mood:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

BluesBerry wrote: »
    no have a mince pie and sing a few carols and ge t into the party mood:D
    No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Anyone with me on this?

Nope :p

Merry Christmas Terry - have a good day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Anyone with me on this?

Not sure if this breaks rules or not, but stop being a pussy and just let them know your opinion of them?

don't ban me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

RMD wrote: »
    Not sure if this breaks rules or not, but stop being a pussy and just let them know your opinion of them?

don't ban me please.
    See, here's the thing. Social etiquette dictates that I put on a happy face and pretend that I'm enjoying myself.
    I'm not going to cause tension tomorrow morning by telling members of my family that I do not like them. Especially with ~50 people in the one house at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm a miserable ba5tard most of the time but christmas is guaranteed to bring out the 10 yr old in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

See, here's the thing. Social etiquette dictates that I put on a happy face and pretend that I'm enjoying myself.

You don't enjoy AH, but for some reason, you're posting in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I'm not going to cause tension tomorrow morning by telling members of my family that I do not like them. Especially with ~50 people in the one house at the same time.

See here's another thing Terry, you don't realise how god damn lucky you are to have family around you tomorrow.

Lots of people don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Suppose being a teenager I don't have to put up with that ****e.

Best of luck Terry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Like a human vacuum cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I'm not going to cause tension tomorrow morning by telling members of my family that I do not like them.

Think yourself lucky you only have to do it at Christmastime Terry.

You can choose your friends ect..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

TheZohan wrote: »
    See here's another thing Terry, you don't realise how god damn lucky you are to have family around you tomorrow.

Lots of people don't.

True that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Christmas both sucks and blows at the same time.

Cool - you just given my wife a new nickname - "Christmas"
    I get Christmas all year round. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

MACBETH!

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Why spend christmas with them if you don't like them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ShakeAndBake

No Thanks for the OP?

:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't see why people do stuff they despise just because social etiquette dictates that they do. Fúck it. It's your life, do what makes you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Totally agree. Its just a time to make you feel lonely and depressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I don't see why people do stuff they despise just because social etiquette dictates that they do. Fúck it. It's your life, do what makes you happy.

Sometimes you got to though, just for some peace and quiet.

Advertisement