Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has Santa ever actually delivered a child a lump of coal?

• 24-12-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

So has Santa Clause ever felt the need to give a child a lump of coal or some other crappy gift?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Voltex wrote: »
    So has Santa Clause ever felt the need to give a child a lump of coal ?

i hope so... it's fricking freezing out :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We used to get Clementines in our stockings, it wasn't supposed to be a punishment though!

Bought my brother a bag of coal for Christmas this year, he's thrilled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yes. My autistic cousin insisted on a lump of coal once. She got it, and was delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

b194950831.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

For someone that wants to do away with the guy, you sure do talk about him alot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

id kill for a lump of coal.

i got my present off my parents early this year, so ive got nothing under the tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

For someone that wants to do away with the guy, you sure do talk about him alot
    I'm like the Alex Jones of Christmas. Buy my DVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

When I was about 6 or 7, I got a bike for christmas. The following week I was really bold and my parents warned me if I didn't stop santa would come and take the present back.

I didn't listen.

Present was taken.

Took a while for it to come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

id kill for a lump of coal.

If I give you a bag, will you go postal in your workplace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

My parents put lumps of coal into my brother's sticking when he was about 12 (and at that stage chancing his arm with Santy). Got the shock of his life tho bleary eyed at 6am and ran into the folks room saying 'I think Santy left me chocolate truffles' ..funny morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

You fools. Elves can't make coal.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My parents put lumps of coal into my brother's sticking when he was about 12 (and at that stage chancing his arm with Santy). Got the shock of his life tho bleary eyed at 6am and ran into the folks room saying 'I think Santy left me chocolate truffles' ..funny morning...
    your brothers sticking? Do you mean his bedsheets covered in his love juice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Never got coal know someone who got a load of reindeer shíte form the phoenix park.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I got it as a joke one year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Santa left my daughter(7) a lump wrapped in cling film today as a warning. Her presents were out of sight. Funny thing is she just lifted it and said "i'm going to have to be better next year" It made her presents even better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Never got coal know someone who got a load of reindeer shíte form the phoenix park.

Pass them off as chocolate minstrels for added cruel gag value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was very good this year but still got some Cole

I was very good.

Advertisement