Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Understanding my Panda Bill

Options
  • 20-04-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,
    I received a bill from Panda regarding bin collection. The first Panda bill since I have lived here.

There is a charge on it for 3 waste bin lifts @ 7.10 euro = 21.30 euro.

Then there is a "balance brought forward" of 44 euro.
    What is that? I can find no explanation on the bill for this amount.
    Is it an unpaid balance from the past? An arrear?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Annual service charge, possibly? What pricing plan are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Matthijs

I don't know what plan I am on.
    What I see on their website is that the annual service charge is 110 euro for Fingal, where I live.
    Don't understand where this 44 euro comes from. If 110 euro = 12 months, then how did they come up with 44 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Balance brought forward usually means the balance from a previous bill which was not settled. Is it possible that it's from the previous occupier if you're just moved there? Have you an outstanding bill from somewhere you moved from? Best thing is to give them a call for explanation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

May have nothing to do with it, but I think Panda were doing billing for a X number of months and then 12 monthly after that to have a balance of customers spread across the year rather than everyone trying to pay in January, but as I said it may have no baring on this

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Scruffy...The Janitor

Balance brought forward just means that it's a balance still owed from a previous bill or from a period not covered on the bill you received. To guess why you owe that €44 would just be speculation. If you're sure you've paid all previous bills in full give panda a ring to find out why the €44 is owed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Matthijs

The current (aka most recent) bill covers 21 January 2014 - 23 March 2014.

I have lived at the address since February.

The Panda bill is not in my name, but in the name of one of my housemates, who has lived here for years. I requested a copy from him as I thought the bill was too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Under data protection laws, Panda can't tell you anything about the account. If you want to understand that, your housemate will have to contact Panda for an explanation.

Advertisement