Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Receipts - Will they have a copy in Currys/PC World?

Options
  • 21-04-2014 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Not so much of an issue, as a question.
    I purchased two Blu-Ray Players out of Currys about 2 months ago. I paid for one in cash and the other with Debit Card (2 days apart).
    I bought one for myself, and the 2nd for a friend who no longer wants it.

I still have it sitting here, having never been touched. So I've decided to sell it, but I'd like to sell the receipt with it, for the warranty.

I have looked everywhere, and I can't find either receipt. Would they have a copy in Currys? They normally take your name and address etc, but I can't remember giving it to them that time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Allyall wrote: »
    Not so much of an issue, as a question.
    I purchased two Blu-Ray Players out of Currys about 2 months ago. I paid for one in cash and the other with Debit Card (2 days apart).
    I bought one for myself, and the 2nd for a friend who no longer wants it.

I still have it sitting here, having never been touched. So I've decided to sell it, but I'd like to sell the receipt with it, for the warranty.

I have looked everywhere, and I can't find either receipt. Would they have a copy in Currys? They normally take your name and address etc, but I can't remember giving it to them that time.
    They may have had your name on file from a previous purchase? did you give any information like a phone number?

best thing is to go to the store and ask them if you can get a copy of the receipt, just tell them you lost the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They may have had your name on file from a previous purchase? did you give any information like a phone number?

best thing is to go to the store and ask them if you can get a copy of the receipt, just tell them you lost the original.

Yeah, thanks. I paid cash for the first, so I'd imagine they did ask my details, I just can't remember.
    I'm nowhere near a Currys at the minute, and they don't seem to answer their phones (Possibly on lunch). I'll have another look around. I usually keep all of my receipts together. I don't know how I lost these.. I wonder what else I've lost.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

It's possible the warranty isn't transferrable anyway. As far as I know this is at the discretion of manufacturers, as their contract is just with the original purchaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

fiachraX wrote: »
    It's possible the warranty isn't transferrable anyway. As far as I know this is at the discretion of manufacturers, as their contract is just with the original purchaser.

Didn't realise that. I think I saw it written somewhere here before, but I forgot. Thanks.

What's the likelyhood of them checking? I mean if there was a problem, the person who bought it from me could ask me to go in. If Currys were refusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

Allyall wrote: »
    Didn't realise that. I think I saw it written somewhere here before, but I forgot. Thanks.

What's the likelyhood of them checking? I mean if there was a problem, the person who bought it from me could ask me to go in. If Currys were refusing.
    Probably low, but do you really want to get involved in what could be considered fraud, for whatever random stranger buys it? Let's say it breaks through mishandling and when taken in for repair the shop determines this and refuses to fix it. Would you want to get caught in the crossfire, pretending it's still yours?
    You can pass on the receipt if you find it, for what it's worth, and it's up to the purchasers to see if they can get the warranty honoured, but I wouldn't get any more involved than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

The warranty should be transferable.

I had an issue with my blu ray player and they never checked my name with the original order receipt.

For all they know (the manufacturer) you could have bought it as a gift and thats why your name is on the original receipt.

Advertisement