Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New wave of Spotlight comics

Options
  • 27-03-2013 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

So, Spotlights are back. As always they seem to be a bit of a mixed bag. Megatron was good (it's getting a second printing in April). However, I found Bumblebee to be really pointless.

Haven't read Thundercracker yet. I believe Trailbreakercutter is next.
    Anyone read any of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

I read Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Thundercracker. Megatron was the best of the bunch, the rest weren't great really. As far as I know, point of this latest batch of spotlights is to be part of an add-in pack with the toys, so they are not really going to be doing too much to advance or enhance the IDW storyline. They do seem to have a bit of a theme running through them relating to
    Metroplex and the Metrotitans, which probably isn't surpirsing with the upcoming toy too

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

GerHankey wrote: »
    I read Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Thundercracker. Megatron was the best of the bunch, the rest weren't great really. As far as I know, point of this latest batch of spotlights is to be part of an add-in pack with the toys, so they are not really going to be doing too much to advance or enhance the IDW storyline. They do seem to have a bit of a theme running through them relating to
    Metroplex and the Metrotitans, which probably isn't surpirsing with the upcoming toy too

Yup. Shown at the last New York toy fair as pack-ins with the next wave of Generations Deluxes.

And the bit in the spoiler was aluded to by Hasbro staff at Toy Fair too.

(does anyone ever get the impression i don't give a rats ass about the comics and just want more toys)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The comics is all I've got now...

Galvasean wrote: »
    The comics is all I've got now...

I don't own a single TF Comic.

Perfect balanced TF Forum moderation!

Need a third one who only collects cartoons and movies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

I've all the G1 Comics, those cassette books, choose your own adventure books, G1 videos and DVDs and nearly all G1 toys. Does that count? :) The collection doesnt really go beyond G1 though, so probably not.

DBK wrote: »
    I've all the G1 Comics, those cassette books, choose your own adventure books, G1 videos and DVDs and nearly all G1 toys. Does that count? :) The collection doesnt really go beyond G1 though, so probably not.

Pics! Now! :)

I'll have to get them all out of the attic and line them up. I'll do it over the next few weeks so. Might be nice to dust them off. :)

choose your adventure books? Any use?

Terrible. One about the Dinobots against Ravage and Laserbeak. Think I got accidentally stood on by Sludge at some point. It was like someone read half the Bios on them and put a bad story around them.

• Advertisement

DBK wrote: »
    Think I got accidentally stood on by Sludge at some point.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often...

Advertisement