Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

matchbox 15 car voltron any good?

Options
  • 30-09-2006 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi,I have a matchbox voltron defender of the universe i think its called.Its a 15 car compilation.
    Just wondered are these items worth anything as it in perfect condition?

Regards,
    kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

kmb wrote:
    Hi,I have a matchbox voltron defender of the universe i think its called.Its a 15 car compilation.

Regards,
    kieran

Defiantely valueable. Not sure how much. Check completed auctions on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Nothing to do with The Transformers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

kmb wrote: »

Regards,
    kieran

Alot more than the Lion Voltron. Vehicle Voltron only had that one release in 1984 while Lion Voltron was re-released numerous times [The basic version. I'm not including Stealth or Voltrex]

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Holy crap, this thread is as old as my Boards account! :eek:

• Advertisement

Its been awhile alright.
    I still have it,wonder is there still a market now for it?
    Maybe i should take a photo and ask your advice!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

W/o being a Voltron expert, I believe Vehicle voltron was originally called Dairuger, and Dairuger was reissued at some point recently.

This may affect demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Aye, it was Dairugger. I have the tshirt of it and my daughter thinks its Bumblebee as the foot and why are they standing on Bumblebee? I say "cause he deserves it".

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mezzatron2391

KMB,
    Have you found out any new information? My father's store has always had a small toy section, and any toys that didn't sell went into the attic of the store...and pretty much stayed there.

He just told me today over the phone he had retrieved some old toy from the 80's, unopened, and I asked him to describe it. Every aspect of the box cover matches the Voltron "The Deluxe Warrior Set", except for two aspects:
    1. No matchbox logo on the upper left of the box top
    2. It reads "Warrior" in large yellow text, instead of "Voltron". ( I had him verify this a few times).

I'd like to think he might have something pretty rare (prototype? / error run?)..but have no idea and can't find anything at all online that matches the exact description. I'll post a photo once I get a chance to visit.

Vehicle Voltron does have one or two unlicensed copies.

• Advertisement

In the next few weeks Miracle Metal Works is coming out with a new Vehicle Voltron [aka Dairugger XV] Version. It was going to be released under the Voltron Masterpiece line but they lost the rights to it. Its 13" so it will be in scale with the Masterpiece Lion Force Voltron that came out a few years ago. I wonder if they'll make Gladiator Voltron [Albegas]next.

Hi all,
    I finally dug it out of the attic.
    This is a picture of what i have.

Good news is a good example of a Vehicle Voltron looks to still be pretty sought after, although the price range is quite wide $200-300.

The bad news is,

-you probably won't get that anywhere but eBay.

- Which means the hassle of listing it on eBay,

- taking good pictures,

- writing a good description,
    - loosing 13% or so in Paypal and eBay fees....

- and not charging the full postage cost to the buyer, because if you do list the full price AnPost will charge you, it will scare buyers off.

- and i'd strongly suggest you make it clear that you won't post it with anything less than full insurance. This means buyers in some countries would have to pay import duty.

Are you really looking to sell it?

Hi,
    I would sell if the offer was okay or swop for a good iphone or android phone.

LION_BOT.JPG

VOLTRON.JPG

Attached are the photos of my "bootleg"? Voltron 1 and Lion Bot. Packaging a bit ratty, but both unopened

screwed up the above link. Here is the Voltron.

Advertisement