Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FECK! I've lost my taste buds :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Astrogeek wrote: »
    Down a load of water, see if you sleep it off, you could be getting a head cold.

Oh I think I already have that. Blocked/sniffley nose, but not feeling sh1tty yet.

To make things worse, i'm going swimming in the sea tomorrow - shorts only! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

This is actually a well guarded secret amongst teenage and early-twenties drinkers. 600ml of JD and exactly a couple of cans is scientifically proven to temporarily disable your taste buds, thus allowing you to head down the park and swig back a sixer of dutch without the fear of projectile vomiting all over one of the lads, or young wans' you're tryin to be scorin into'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

So basically your diet looked like this?

Alcohol-Alcohol-Acid-Grease-Alcohol

Jaysus!

Basically all of the things a pair of doc marten's soles guarantee to be resistant to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Did you check between the cushions on the couch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

For all the joking in this thread it's a fairly serious concern. One of the things excessive alcohol can cause is a killing of the nerves and pathways of the tastebuds to the brain.

OP, it's most likely just an interrupt of the pathways and only a temporary thing, but it could be a permanent severing of them.

Best of luck.

Edit: Also, don't drink for a few days because it's most likely a reaction to the alcohol, and any more could trigger more serious effects like blindness.

• Advertisement

Buceph wrote: »
    Edit: Also, don't drink for a few days because it's most likely a reaction to the alcohol
    Heh, i've been sipping on cans all afternoon watching Home Alone. In fairness though I went for a walk through town (tradition on XMas eve with me) but I had a cheeky bottle of coke and JD for that :p

and any more could trigger more serious effects like blindness.
    hiudiO hiflkwqjur33i5 nklnklasi nsdalisna :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

So basically your diet looked like this?

Alcohol-Alcohol-Acid-Grease-Alcohol

Jaysus!

I concur, OP you need to elimiate that acid from your diet

Bambi wrote: »
    I concur, OP you need to elimiate that acid from your diet
    Feck, that must be it

PS. Which bit is the acid? :pac:

ALL SORTED!

I was able to taste my can of Bulmers this morining :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

JohnCleary wrote: »
    ALL SORTED!

I was able to taste my can of Bulmers this morining :pac:

I thinking you have a drinking problem tbh..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

To be honest if you drank that much and your only symptom was not being able to taste something I think you are getting off lightly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

try cutting off your tongue,that should help

phlegms wrote: »

I prefer to call it student at Christmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

I prefer to call it student at Christmas :pac:

Sounds like a drinking problem. Think about taking a look at the non-drinkers' forum before your body decides to warn you with something more serious. :(

blah wrote: »
    Sounds like a drinking problem. Think about taking a look at the non-drinkers' forum before your body decides to warn you with something more serious. :(

Wow, you're some fcuking bundle of fun... off to the 'Bah Humbug' forum with you :pac:

Wow, you're some fcuking bundle of fun... off to the 'Bah Humbug' forum with you :pac:

Is there a Bah Humbug forum? Because if there's not there's not one should definitely be made. It's horrendous watching people hating something for all the wrong reasons. Hate it if you have no family, or can't feed yourself, but if you're like most of the population, who celebrate the only time where people are told to stop and enjoy themselves, their family and friends, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Or you're a teenager.

One or the other.

I'm a student. Not *quite* still a teenager though, but not that long gone.

To the "Christmas Drinking" thread with me ....

That wasn't directed at you, I was just quoting the Bah Humbug forum suggestion. I was saying the people who hate Christmas must be teenagers or have come from ****e families.

Advertisement