Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is pole-dancing sleazy, sexy or sporty?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

BumbleB wrote: »
    Very Freudian.

I think it was a chocolate advert :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,832 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Surely sexy. I can only imagine it being sleazy if you went somewhere that was devoid of a standard. You find a respectful club that has a code of conduct and theres not a problem. "Sleazy" Makes it sound like its a bunch of guys beating off against the edge of the stage watching a girl rub one out. Which isn't the case.

Sporty? Is there a scoring system?? That would be kinda demeaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Stupid.

Don't get me wrong, I recognize the value of a group of guys bonding in a strip joint, but it's not really about the women - it's about the comradery between the men.

And as a woman's sport - fair enough. Not sure if it's really going to burn off all that many calories and I get the impression there's a certain element of exhibitionism rather than sport about it, but if it's fun for those doing it, then good for them.

But beyond that I've always found things like striptease, pole dancing and, especially, lap dances, incredibly dumb from the male perspective. I mean, seriously; who wants to pay to get blue balls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

BumbleB,less of those comments please,tGC is not the place for them,thanks.

Advertisement