Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sir Parky for President

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

todolist wrote: »
    Gay Byrne,our only homegrown TV star would be a great President.
    Are you f*cking serious? After the job that tool is currently doing with the RSA

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I saw the thread title and read 'Sarky for President'

I thought - give the man a shot at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

stovelid wrote: »
    I have it on authority that the money she got for her communion and confo had HRM the Queen's head on it.

Norn Iron notes didn't have Queenies on them last them I was up there. Although she might have just got coins back then. We should ask her.
    Biggins wrote: »
    Sorry but skinny skanky Paris Hilton undressed does not qualify! lol :D

Why do people always make the mistake of thinking Skeletor was skinny and bony? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Michael O'Leary should be put in charge of the Dept Health

Imagine the amount of money we'd save

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

javaboy wrote: »
    Norn Iron notes didn't have Queenies on them last them I was up there. Although she might have just got coins back then. We should ask her.

In my haste to crack a joke, I should have remembered that, I lived there for 4 years. :o.

You do see sterling sometimes, but it was more often First Trust, BOI and Ulster Bank notes I think.

/considers ninja edit of offending post to say coins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

For €325,508* a year, it's nice work if you can get it. :pac: Pity it's all decided by the politicos.

*Potentially less if the reactionary Catholic bigot Mary McAleese follows through on accepting a 10% pay cut. But still, €290k+ is still good money for opening supermarkets and scratching your hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,652 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

conceited wrote: »
    An englishman as president, wow your some tool.

Saint Patrick was Welsh. But thats okay, because for 5 years in a row he lets us drink on weekdays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

*cough* JIZZLORD for president! *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Tom65 wrote: »
    David Norris? Dustin? Ray D'Arcy? Tom Dunne? Joe Duffy!? Anyone else!?

I'll do it, just because I'm class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Boggles wrote: »
    Saint Patrick was Welsh. But thats okay, because for 5 years in a row he lets us drink on weekdays!

st. paticks day never falls on five consecutive weekdays thanks to leap years..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Think we have one already.......she went to the US one day and told them that the Irish people were all miserable, slovenly alcoholics.

- Other than that I think she just keeps the shoe shops going and ignores planning permission orders......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

conceited wrote: »
    Great britain is not a "nation"!

Its not that "great" either to be honest,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

DarkJager wrote: »
    Its not that "great" either to be honest,,,,

That made me laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

slumped wrote: »
    st. paticks day never falls on five consecutive weekdays thanks to leap years..

2098 Monday
    2099 Tuesday
    2100 Wednesday
    2101 Thursday
    2102 Friday

You need to brush up on your leap year rules. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

David Norris was a good nomination, imo.

I know that having Obama as American president will lead to more open-minded American kids as they'll see a black man leading the nation, so to say.

It would be great if we had a gay president, it may help the young people of the country to be more accepting of homosexuals and "different" lifestyles.

A younger Garret FitzGerald would be great, too. I can't think of any other great statesmen that would fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

David Norris was a good nomination, imo.

I know that having Obama as American president will lead to more open-minded American kids as they'll see a black man leading the nation, so to say.

It would be great if we had a gay president, it may help the young people of the country to be more accepting of homosexuals and "different" lifestyles.

A younger Garret FitzGerald would be great, too. I can't think of any other great statesmen that would fit the bill.
    Being more accepting of homosexuals is not necessarily a good thing

Being more accepting of homosexuals is not necessarily a good thing
    How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Colin Farrell would be ideal, as long as he kept drinking, smoking and shagging anything that moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

How so?

Because its not anything thats going to be a defining moment in history. We'd have a gay president, so what? People have their own opinions of what it tasteful and what isn't, so I don't see how a gay guy being the president is suddenly going to have swarms of people out to celebrate gay pride.......

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Bertie for President....he must miss the limelight by now:D

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Because its not anything thats going to be a defining moment in history. We'd have a gay president, so what? People have their own opinions of what it tasteful and what isn't, so I don't see how a gay guy being the president is suddenly going to have swarms of people out to celebrate gay pride.......
    Kids growing up seeing him as president would realise that gay people are a part of life too. They are ordinary people. They're not "evil" as the Church would have you believe.

They should be accepted as part of our country. If kids were to see that our ceremonial leader was gay, they'd see that it is a normal part of life and they'd accept homosexuals as fellow human beings before there's time for prejudice to set in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Paul McGrath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

My number one vote would go to Jeremy Clarkson, and Second would go to Terry Wogon.

Come to think of it, I would make Jeremy president and run Sir Terry for Taoiseach.

Advertisement