Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sometimes, they are found

• 19-10-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this a few days ago about a nationwide hunt for a missing 6 year old and a rather heart moving appeal from the Dad, reminded me of the Maddie case and thought, he's never gone be found.

Wrong. And happy for it.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081019/ap_on_re_us/nevada_boy_abducted

Maybe there is hope after all.

Just thought I'd share. I'll sit down now.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I have been following this case. His family robbed drug money, the kid was taken in response but the effective amber alert system put pressure on the kidnappers not to kill (which would have meant even worse - more cops/FBI/etc chasing their arses) to dump the kid outside a church, such was the heat on their tail.

Glad the innocent kid is ok - he was just caught in the middle of two evil sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Biggins wrote: »
    I have been following this case. His family robbed drug money, the kid was taken in response but the intimidate amber alert system put pressure on the kidnappers not to kill (which would have meant even worse - more cops/FBI/etc chasing their arses) to dump the kid outside a church, such was the heat on their tail.

Glad the innocent kid is ok - he was just caught in the middle of two evil sides.

Its always the parents doing something stupid that leads to this kids been kidnapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Vain wrote: »
    Its always the parents doing something stupid that leads to this kids been kidnapped.

I doubt that. I'm sure it's true in many cases, but there was a case in Dublin many years ago where a 12 year old boy disappeared on his way to school and was never seen again, abduction was suspected. His name was Phillip Cairns as far as I remember.

His parents can hardly be accused of doing anything stupid, and I'm sure many other examples similar to this exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Sorry, but I can't resist. The father's second name is Puffinburger. What a great name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,061 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is that nearly exactly the plot to 'gone baby gone'?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sadly, the taking of kids to force others to pay up is a common action and not just in drug related cases.
    I'm just thankful that he's alive and well. A lot of incidents sadly don't turn out that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Is that nearly exactly the plot to 'gone baby gone'?

Jesus, that was a baaaaaaaaaad film!

*Karen, you have some serious making up to do after that turkey!;)

Advertisement