Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kidnapping a friend, advice and indeed possible legal consequences

Options
  • 14-05-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

So for the last week or so a few friends and I have been plotting a kidnap of one of our bestfriends. He (the victim) will be voluntarily in my car before being pounced on and tied up.
    But what to do with him next is uncertain, some want to him up and abandon him while tied up. Others want to strip him , leave him 5 minutes away from Tallaght and with nothing more to wear other than his shoes and a face towel to cover up.

Before anyone jumps to his defence, he deserves this , he has done several things on me and if the tables were turned he would execute this plot on me.

So basically im wondering what the legal consequences could be? Assuming he wont agree to press charges although it is possible for him to be arrested for being almost naked?

Thanks in advance (:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I have no idea but i would hazard a guess in this pc world we live in , a few boo hoos in court a report from a doc saying how traumatised i am since being kidnapped striped and forced to walk home naked = big payday for me and min asbo for you , pick me pick me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dylan2122

masonchat wrote: »
    I have no idea but i would hazard a guess in this pc world we live in , a few boo hoos in court a report from a doc saying how traumatised i am since being kidnapped striped and forced to walk home naked = big payday for me and min asbo for you , pick me pick me

Well on second thought, if he is wearing underwear then i assume he cant be arrested for being naked as technically he is not naked. He wont sue us, but sometimes regardless of what anyone says, charges are pressed. So id like to know what they may be?

Just dont leave the poor fella.[/quote]

Oh dont worry , we will stick around for a good laugh. I mean watching him make his way home is possibly the best part. This is taking place in broad daylight. We are all over the age of 18.

seriously how old are you ? grow up and get better friends , i dont find this stuff funny at all and the fact he would do that to you doesnt make it ok just makes you as bad as him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dylan2122 wrote: »
    So for the last week or so a few friends and I have been plotting a kidnap of one of our bestfriends. He (the victim) will be voluntarily in my car before being pounced on and tied up.
    If someone did this to me, they'd be looking over their shoulder the rest of their lives. You say he'd do the same to you? Do this, and he will. You may think it's fun and games until he goes overboard with his revenge.

seriously how old are you ? grow up and get better friends , i dont find this stuff funny at all and the fact he would do that to you doesnt make it ok just makes you as bad as him

I am 18, im quite content with my friends but thanks for your recommendation. Id like to know how old you are? We all die but not all of us live life. I know for a fact he will laugh about this, maybe not during the event but certainly afterwards, as would I. He is not going to be harmed in any way, he is my bestfriend , i dont see how being young and having harmless fun is anything to slander.

the_syco wrote: »
    If someone did this to me, they'd be looking over their shoulder the rest of their lives. You say he'd do the same to you? Do this, and he will. You may think it's fun and games until he goes overboard with his revenge.

Just a bit of banter, im fine with him attempting to get me back and if succeeds then fair fu*ks to him. But for now , it my time to have fun at his expense. Id prefer to run the risk of him getting me back than to live a boring life. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

I am 18, im quite content with my friends but thanks for your recommendation. Id like to know how old you are? We all die but not all of us live life. I know for a fact he will laugh about this, maybe not during the event but certainly afterwards, as would I. He is not going to be harmed in any way, he is my bestfriend , i dont see how being young and having harmless fun is anything to slander.

Why are you wondering about legal consequences then for?

You're going to bundle your buddy into a car and leave him somewhere down the road in his smelly Y-fronts..... big hoo haa.

Ye're a fierce funny crowd altogether, I'd love to hang around with ye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

What if he gets attacked or has a panic attack? This sort of stuff wasn't funny 20, 30 years ago, I doubt it's improved with age...

• Advertisement

As other posters have said, on the off chance that he has a heart/panic attack it really isn't worth it.

TBP wrote: »
    Why are you wondering about legal consequences then for?

You're going to bundle your buddy into a car and leave him somewhere down the road in his smelly Y-fronts..... big hoo haa.

Ye're a fierce funny crowd altogether, I'd love to hang around with ye.

Well if he is found naked while clutching a face towel to cover his groin area he may be arrested for indecent exposure , which would make things a little more serious. But i think we'll leave him with his underwear, making it home in underwear is just as funny. Then no one gets arrested, well at least not for that and i dont ruin some childhoods as he walks home. If the car wasn't already full id invite you along ;)

Pity we dont live down the Country, in that case he would be dumped fully naked haha

Maybe he already knows and the joke will be on you

old hippy wrote: »
    What if he gets attacked or has a panic attack? This sort of stuff wasn't funny 20, 30 years ago, I doubt it's improved with age...

We are not going to abandon him completely, thats irresponsible. We will be following him for a couple reasons which include, his safety, our safety if something goes wrong, the humour that will come with watching him trying to figure out what to do, if something goes wrong he will be picked up and we will peel out of there (after all I still have his back if things get serious , but its unlikely they will) etc (:

How many 18 year old lads had cars 30 years ago? Regardless of what you say, doing this kind of thing to good friend is funny. If i barely knew the guy then its not funny as that is bullying. But humiliating a friend for 30 minutes is damn funny and will make for good memories.

old hippy wrote: »
    Maybe he already knows and the joke will be on you

Nope he has no clue, the 4 other people including myself that are involved are the only people to know and we all want it to work therefore no one is going to tell him. Well at least not until he's tied up ;P

How many 18 year old lads had cars 30 years ago? Regardless of what you say, doing this kind of thing to good friend is funny. If i barely knew the guy then its not funny as that is bullying. But humiliating a friend for 30 minutes is damn funny and will make for good memories.

Several of my mates had cars or the access to vehicles 26, 27 years ago at your age. Not sure what you're getting at?

We had great craic at your age but if any of them had done that to one of the gang it wouldn't be seen as funny. Lots can go wrong.

If you are so sure your friend will fall about laughing and nothing bad will happen and charges wont be pressed , why bother asking the question in the first place ?

Your in the wrong place for slaps on the back , maybe in the play ground.

LOTS of 18 had cars 20 years ago we were the much loved boy racer generation , not that it matters

The main reason i created this post is because one of the people in on the plan heard that last year a 6th year prank (not in the school we attended) was to kidnap the class captain. A woman saw them pushing him into a van and called Gardai with the registration number. The helicopter came out and when the police arrived the captain was already tied to a a tree with cling film. The people involved where expelled and had to share the cost of the helicopter being called out with amounted to €5000 each.

I thought it seemed far fetched but someone else backed up his story.

The main reason i created this post is because one of the people in on the plan heard that last year a 6th year prank (not in the school we attended) was to kidnap the class captain. A woman saw them pushing him into a van and called Gardai with the registration number. The helicopter came out and when the police arrived the captain was already tied to a a tree with cling film. The people involved where expelled and had to share the cost of the helicopter being called out with amounted to €5000 each.

Now that is funny :D

Now that is funny :D

Funny if you're not involved of course! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

"Here, here...look at me, I'm great craic altogether" said the little thread.

You little scamp you. What a wheeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Holy Hand Grenade

lol you guys take fun to a whole new level

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's a felony if you cross state lines.

wait what film were we talking about again ?

BTW over in the US aggravated kidnapping in Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky and South Carolina still carry the death penalty. Just in case you were unclear about what the rules are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

If he doesn't find it so funny you could end up doing 15 years for kidnap. That would be hillarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

It's a felony if you cross state lines.

wait what film were we talking about again ?

BTW over in the US aggravated kidnapping in Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky and South Carolina still carry the death penalty. Just in case you were unclear about what the rules are.

The Feds won't rest until they have run you down and shot in the street like a dog. Remember what those G Men did to Bonnie and Clyde

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

we stripped a guy down to his boxers when we were in school, dragged him out to the main still organ duller and tied him to lamppost.

he arrived back at school soon after in the principles car!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

FFS YOU'RE 18 ??!!!

When me and the boys were 18 we were chasin tail , drinkin , fightin, doin dirty all nighters columbia mills straight to the chancery...

Kidnapping pals over disputes lol??

When we had big issues we either rowed or had a slap and it was done and dusted.

Kidnapping as a form of retaliation , weak weak weak .... man up ffs and face the chap man to man about your issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Far fetched that a police search was launched and severe consequences followed or far fetched that people would actually do such a stupid act?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I am 18, We all die but not all of us live life.

This tells me all I need to know about you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

im fine with him attempting to get me back and if succeeds then fair fu*ks to him. But for now , it my time to have fun at his expense. Id prefer to run the risk of him getting me back than to live a boring life. :P
    How would you feel about him trying to "get you back" by pressing charges? That'd be gas craic.

Advertisement